Hair Braiding

Apr 13th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Jill

Hair Braiding

I'm going on a trip to San Deigo CA the end of the month and one day we are planning to visit tijuana for the day and I know in other parts of mexico they do hair braiding and if any knows if you could get it done there that would be great and how much it would cost down there?

Apr 14th, 2002, 10:19 PM
Monica

Not being snotty, but maybe you should post this to the US board. The kind of trip you're planning is more like the people there would have experience with. Most people on this board are going deeper into Latin America than that. Good luck in your replies! I got mine done in Jamaica when I went there, it's definitely a vacation thing.

Apr 16th, 2002, 03:34 PM
border towns

Just know that what you see in Tijuana, is hardly a fair picture of what Mexico is all about.

Apr 16th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Lisa

Hello there!

I live in San Diego (and actually work as a concierge-full of info on "America's Finest City"...!) Anyway, I have been checking out this site alot lately because I am going to Puerto Vallarta soon where I will definitly get my daughters hair braided First day there and then no hair brushing the rest of the trip Yea! Now getting back to your question, no I have never seen them braiding hair in TJ and I have been down there many times. However, they do it all over the place about 30 minutes further south at this great little beach town called Rosarito. It costs about $25 for the complete head and maybe $15 for partial. I would actually recommend going down there if you can as there are some fun places to check out like Puerto Nuevo which is full of awesome/casual lobster restarunts on the coast and it gives you a slight taste of Mexico and not just dirty indifferent Tijuana. Although I have had some great times and fun lunches and quick shopping excursions in TJ!! If you would like some more info please let me know and I will send you my email address and hotel phone number here at work! Lisa