volunteeer

Old Jul 24th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
volunteeer

My work wants to do a staff retreat at an all inclusive but we would like to take on or two days to volunteer in the community. Does anyone know of programs that arrange this or how to go about making it happen?
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 09:56 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Do you know what town you are going to yet? There are programs/people doing good works/organizations in both Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta for sure.
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

We haven't picked a spot yet. We were going to base it on where we could volunteer. Could you post a link to these organizations?
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 01:49 PM

Sorry I don't know any specific organizations.

What Iam familiar with personally is in Cabo San Lucas, a poster by the screen name "Tooley" on Trip Advisor forum, does regular food donation trips out into the colonias nearby. People can donate money or join her for the distributions. She is well connected in the community for others doing good works in the Los Cabos area as well.

In Puerto Vallarta I've met people who donated time at various places including working the orphanage, the "children of the dump", humane society, etc. Again there is an active Trip Advisor forum for PV you could ask there too.

Jsut Google words like "Volunteer Organizations Puerto Vallarta" you will find all kinds of links.

Hopefully some other folks will chime in with more tips.
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 05:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are opportunities to volunteer all over Mexico. First decide where you want to go and then google volunteer opportunities. There are libraries, schools, animal shelters, etc that all welcome volunteers.
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 06:11 AM

If you are in Playa del Carmen on Saturday the animal rescue has dog spa days every week. These people are doing amazing work and the shelter is spotless with full-time caretaker and vet on-site. Search Playa Animal Rescue (PAR) for more information. I was so impressed with their facility. Lots of dogs need loving. : )
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 07:51 AM

I agree with schmerl, that you can volunteer anywhere. Since you want to stay at an All-Inclusive resort, I agree to figure out that first, then look into the organizations in that town/city.
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 08:32 AM

here's short list of places in PV
http://vallartainfo.com/puerto-vallarta-notices.html