Notices

Guatemala Visit in Early May

Aug 2nd, 2013, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

Guatemala Visit in Early May

I read on TripAdvisor that mid-March to mid-May is the worst time to visit Guatemala. The post mentioned that it is very hazy and hard to see some of the scenery. What do you all think? We're trying to plan a possible trip starting somewhere around the first half of May 2014.
Aug 2nd, 2013, 03:22 PM

I think that statement is a big exaggeration. It's the warmest time of the year and there can be a bit of a haze in the air before the rainy season kicks in in mid-May or so. I don't think it's anything that interferes with seeing the scenery. I'd still go.
Aug 4th, 2013, 03:07 PM

Well, Guatemala City has some of the worst air pollution and haze in the world and they have active volcanoes that huff and puff just south of Guatemala City, outside of Antigua. I arrange travel to Guatemala often and have friends who live outside Guatemala City. People go to Guatemala and are fine any time of the year. Like any place, there are good and bad visibility days. I arrange travel to Guatemala often and the air pollution and haze is a factor year round. I arrange travel to Guatemala often and have friends who live outside Guatemala City. The climate is pretty standard, never too hot or cold, no real extremes. The rainy season is really how hard it rains, not rain for days without end.

Search this Thread