Notices

Guat City to Honduras, need advice

May 19th, 2003, 10:37 AM
Original Poster

Guat City to Honduras, need advice

I am a woman traveling alone from Guatemala City to San Pedro Sula in June. Any advice on the best way to get there? Should I spring for a flight or should I be safe on a bus? Do I have to take a bus during the daytime hours? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
May 28th, 2003, 08:18 AM

Fly!!!
May 29th, 2003, 04:41 AM

How quickly do you want the journey to take. It will be about 1.5 hours by plane and maybe a day and a night stop by bus. I travelled Guatemala City to Chiquimula, changed bus to El Florido then Copan then bus from Copan to San Pedro Sula. The bus terminus at SPS is not nice.
May 29th, 2003, 06:25 AM

I traveled through Honduras in 98 from San Pedro to Teguchigalpa. At that time, things seemed a little dicey to me. Lots of machetes and guns everywhere. At that time, the locals told me that night travel was not a good idea, and to be very careful. If I was going to bus, I would want to go in the day time and on first class. The up-side, with all the chaos following hurricane Mitch,other than a snatch and grab of a necklace from a friend while we walked in Teguchigalpa, we had no problems while in Honduras.

Search this Thread