Search

Guanajuato weather in May

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2022, 11:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guanajuato weather in May

Hey folks

We are contemplating a visit May 10 to 17 and wondering how hot does it get. We usually stay outdoors only between 10:00 to 1:00 PM and then relax at home so if somebody can provide actual Fahrenheit temperatures during mornings that would be very helpful

Thank you
Old Mar 27th, 2022, 12:22 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like "average" high in May is 87ºF, the hottest month according to weatherbase.com.

Guanajuato, Guanajuato Travel Weather Averages (Weatherbase)

Old Mar 27th, 2022, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

The average low states 57 and Average temp states 72 so I'm trying to decipher that data to see how many hours of pleasant weather each morning we'll have based on statistical data to walk around. For e.g. Florida can be bad in the month of May but if you can go do your sight seeing between 7-10am it's not bad at all and then you can resume late evening after 6pm

Thanks
Old Mar 27th, 2022, 04:52 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
I’m not following. Average temp is the average of low & high, practically speaking not very useful. I use the average HIGH to get an idea of how pleasant or not it might be, along with precipitation. In any case, given your habit of doing your walking in the morning it sounds to me like it’ll be fine. But then I like it warm.

Baldone lives in the area so when he turns up you’ll likely get better input than just the statistics.

Old Mar 27th, 2022, 07:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Hi Will. It is true that May typically is the hottest month of the year in these parts. I live about an hour away near San Miguel which has a nearly identical climate to that of Guanajuato. The hottest part of the day is typically around 4-5 pm. 10 am to 1 pm will be cooler, with the exception of the sun tending to be more directly overhead around mid-day. If your sightseeing will be in the city, you should almost always be able to stay on the shady side of the street and stay comfortable. Many shops don't have a/c and thus can be stuffy. On the upside, humidity will be almost non-existent, often only 10-25 percent. Nights will be very pleasant. Figure daytime highs to be in the mid 80's, as mentioned, on occasion pushing 90 depending on the trend while you're there. Evenings as you mentioned will probably average around the mid 50's, low 60's. It is considered the low season, thus some restaurants take that time to close to do maintenance and/or remodeling. At least in San Miguel. If you opt for a day trip to León, it will be quite warm as it's big city. Now, all that said, we usually go back to Nebraska in May where it's cooler. Last year we didn't go due to covid, so we bought a mini-split for our bedroom anticipating the hotter weather. We used it like 6 times. It just didn't get very hot. Who knows how this year will play out. But the aforementioned I think is what's been our experience.
Old Apr 9th, 2022, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

Very helpful - thank you!