Reload this Page >

Cozumel or Playa Del Carmen?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 1999, 12:17 PM
Carl

My girlfriend and I would like to take a 4 night/5 day vacation by the end of the year. Based on what we've read here in Forum, both Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen sound great. However, due to our limited vacation time, we feel we can probably only do one or the other. We are looking for excellent beaches/snorkling with a little night life. In Cozumel, we're considering the Presidente Inter-Continental. In Playa Del Carmen, we're considering the Royal Gala or Royal Hideaway. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old Nov 8th, 1999, 12:30 PM
Brian in Atlanta

Playa del Carmen. No cruise ships. Tulum is a 30-minute bus ride away. Cozumel can be reached for a day trip in less than an hour.

Old Nov 8th, 1999, 12:31 PM
Brian in Atlanta

Playa del Carmen. No cruise ships. Tulum is a 30-minute bus ride away. Cozumel can be reached for a day trip in less than an hour.

Old Nov 8th, 1999, 02:15 PM
Susan

I like both places, although they are different. Cozumel doesn't have the great beaches, although the snorkeling is much better. If you do decide to go to Playa, try to go to Cozumel for a day trip - the ferry is right in Playa and it's a short trip. It's too bad you can't do both. We're planning to go for a week in March - 4 nights in Cozumel and 3 in Playa. <BR>

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 05:00 AM
merriem

I have said many times of this board that The Royal Hideaway, amazed me at what a great job they did. It is in a class by itself, and to us, worth the little extra money. Only 200 guests, great rooms, and fantastic food....expecially the presentation.

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 08:38 AM
Louie

Hi,Carl. <BR> <BR> The Presidente Inter-Continental is very good choice. It has great service, clean large rooms, great food at their ocean side restaurant, and best of all the snorkling is off their large private beach is excellent!!! You are only five minutes from Chankanaab Park from the hotel. There is excellent snorkling, a dolphin show, nice beach, and restaurant-bar. I would recommend you see this place it's real nice. Also, you are only a $3.00 taxi ride to town. There are taxies waiting at the hotel day and night, and also in town to take you back. The hotel has docks on their beach so you can take a snorkling trips to some outstanding reefs. The night life in cozumel has Carlos n Charles and Fat Tuesdays that I WOULD recommend!!!!!! Have a great trip wherever you go, Louie.