Good price on car rental?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:37 AM
smi
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good price on car rental?

Hello,

I emailed Tricolor car rental for a car while we are in Costa Rica in January? I am curious if this is a good deal....

"The rate for the Nissan X-trail for 09 days rental period starting on Jan 04 will be $661 US Dollars. This rate includes already the mandatory and the CDW insurance,free mileage and all the taxes."

Thank you.
Sarah
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:05 AM

It is a good price...for a nice 4x4 ...remember than in Costa Rica taxes in a rent a car contract are none!! If they are charging you taxes...please ask them what taxes!

R.A Luis

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:12 PM

there are no good prices on car rental in Costa Rica.

But that sounds about right.
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 11:17 AM

Tricolor consistently offers the best deals pricewise. We have used them for years and that quote is right on. You can be assured that there will be no hidden charges. Nonetheless, it is always my habit to get it in writing (e-mail) that the price quoted is all-inclusive. I bring those e-mails along just in case. . .youŽll be happy with them. Very easy location to return the vehicle also. We liked Dollar also, but their location used to be a bit difficult on the return. Better now, I think. . .good luck and enjoy your time in January!

Just for comparison, we are paying about $850 for 13 days in July--the XL7, which is a bit more expensive, I think. Prices may be a little less in the green season, not sure. . .
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 12:11 PM

Hi Sarah,

We just got a quote Monday from Tricolor for an 8 day rental at a total cost of $462 for the same vehicle, rental period is 7/14-7/21. So it appears that you're paying a bit of a premium for high season, but it still seems reasonable.

Good luck in planning your trip!