Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Golden Crown Paradise vs Crown Paradise Club?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Melissa

Having a hard time collecting info on these places since the names are so similar. Is it true the GCP is adults only. Which is the one next door to Le Meridean? Where is the other one?

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 11:47 AM
Mandy

Melissa: The Golden Crown Paradise is located next to the Meredian. It is the former Jack Tar Village resort that they have remodeled and renamed. It is adults only. The Crown Paradise is further south on the zone and you can use their facilities as well if you are staying at the Golden Crown Paradise.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Melissa

Thanks Mandy. We're going down in Feb and want to stay in a nice resort near everything but don't really want AI and have 2 kids. I guess the person who rec GCP didn't know what they were talking about. Maybe we'll just do the Le Meridian.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Mandy

Melissa: The Meridian should suit you very well. I hope you have a wonderful vacation.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Curt

Mandy, you seem to have some knowledge of the Golden Crown Paradise. There were some bad reports when it was Jack Tar. Is it much improved with re-modeling and new ownership? Also, do you know if with all the changes, is topless sunbathing permitted in the pool area? Thanks for your help.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Barbara

Does anyone have any info on the Crown Paradise Club? We're staying there for a week, AI, with our 17 yr old daughter and her cousin.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Mandy

Curt:<BR><BR>I have not seen the Golden Crown Paradise since it has opened so I can't comment on whether or not it has improved much over Jack Tar which wasn't very good in my opinion. I would imagine it has improved with all the hype - but you never know. As for topless bathing, you know, Curt, that it is banned by the Mexican government although you generally see a few topless bathers scattered here and there. Mostly they are seen at the adults only resorts. Not having actually been on the Golden Crown property, I can't really say.<BR><BR>Barbara the Crown Paradise Club is fantastic and you will enjoy your stay. Don't know of anyone who has stayed there that has a negative comment about it. It's not much to look at from the outside - sort of plain, the but inside is very nice and the pool area is great.