Golden Crown Paradise, Puerto Vallarta

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, looking for some feedback on the Golden Crown Paradise hotel in Puerto Vallarta. Headed over to PV for the first time January 31 and currently have a room booked at the Golden Crown as well as the Melia. Since we are 2 woman traveling without children, I am not sure I want to stay at the Melia, which seems to be geared towards families.

Has anyone stayed at GCP recently that can give me the good, the bad, and the ugly on this place? Comparison/feedback on the Melia would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 03:54 PM

Their rep whether deserved or not is party central for the over 40 crowded. Many of the activities seem to revolve around drinking with events such as "Tequila water Polo". Some love it. I personally would hate it preferring small more intimate places but to each their own.
The best Adult facility IMO is the Los Cuatro Vientos a small intimate Inn & PV's second oldest hotel that caters to the independent adult traveler.
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 08:24 AM

The Melia is too far away from town, the Premier is adults only and also a smaller hotel, easy walking distance to the Malecón. The Four Seasons Hotel (Los Cuatro Vientos) is quite old and up a very steep hill.
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 02:10 PM

Actually Carbon it translates The Four Winds not seasons & I stated it was PV's second oldest hotel in town.
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 07:28 AM

http://www.cuatrovientos.com/
Here's their web site showing the actual English translation of "The Prettiest Hotel in Mexico"
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 04:44 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Those are both resort-y resorts. What Stewbear is suggsting is an beautiful, simple, older Mexican hotel.

Everyone's different but personally if I were traveling with a girlfriend, no kids, I'd want to be easy walking distance to all around downtown (for shopping, activities, bars, restaurants, etc.) and needed an All-Inclusive... I'd look to places like Hotel Playa Los Arcos/Dona Susana or the Buenaventura/Villa Premiere.