fiesta americana condesa

Old Dec 8th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fiesta americana condesa

Could anybody please confirm whether or not the pool has been closed for repairs at the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun? We have reservations for Jan.2004 and the hotel will not reply to my e-mail. We need to know before it's too late to find another hotel if need be.
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 04:32 AM

I called the hotel directly and spoke to Jesus Castillo, one of the assistant managers. He said all the construction will be completed on December 27th, including the pool resurfacing. He was very helpful, so I'm going to assume his word is good since we arrive on Jan. 13th.
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 12:29 PM

i would not trust anything the hotel says. the 27th could turn into the 27th of the next month. good luck though the condesa is the best place for the buck in the overly priced tourist cancun
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 05:37 AM
Original Poster

That is what I am afraid of, since it happened to us in January of this year. They said all construction was completed and when we arrived we found the lobby and half the rooms plus the towel return and the stairway to the beach were all being worked on! Our travel agent assures us that she has a contact in Cancun who knows what is going on and he says it will all be finished. But I am still leery.
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 09:05 AM

I would get it in writing from your travel agent. If you are still weary. I would cancel or reschedule w/o penalty based on the information you have. Come on thats the only pool they have why take chances. Or perhaps if the pool is still under repair maybe they can send you to a room at the other Fiesta hotel. the gran coral. but that pool is small and the beach is extremely small but there is a reef so there are no waves.
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 03:09 PM
lsb

I am also concerned about the pool situation. I have reservations for February. Can anyone who has just stayed at the Fiesta Americana Condesa post an update on this board. Thanks! I am going to Cancun with my kids and husband and plan on spending a lot of time poolside. No pool would be a disaster.
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 09:13 AM

We just returned from the Condesa yesterday. The lower pool is closed for renovation but it looked like they had finished resurfacing it on Mon. I would assume that it would reopen as they told you. The upper pool is already finished and open. So you can swim but there are no waterfalls or swim up bars as of Tue. Between the ocean and the upper pool there is plenty of space and water.
They are updating the lobby and the rooms in one of the towers but there was no loud construction going on. We were worried from the posts we read but we had a wonderful time there. I'm sure things will be great!
Old Dec 17th, 2003, 04:39 PM
lsb

Thanks for the update H.Cart, I feel relieved.
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 08:13 AM

I'm in the same situation going down mid February ,we have 2 kids that pool has to work I don't trust that I'm going to get an honest answer.We can't get an answer if they have all inclusive or not.We'er going to book a second hotel just in case.HELP
Old Dec 29th, 2003, 06:36 AM
lsb

I was just advised by my travel agent that the pool is completely finished and open. Can anyone confirm this?
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 07:27 AM
njf

Yes, I just returned yesterday from the Condesa and the pools are all open.
FYI, the food at the hotel is surprisingly bad. We ate breakfast there and lunch twice at the pool restaurant. I recommend lunching elsewhere. We ate at the Ritz and Gran Melia which is next door. The Ritz food was great but expensive, but the Gran Melia was very good as well and same price as Condesa.
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 03:58 PM
lsb

Thanks njf! Any other tips regarding the Condesa? How was the service? Were you pressured to attend a time share presentation? Are there activities for kids?
Old Dec 31st, 2003, 03:04 PM

Does anyone know what's included or not included in the all inclusive,and how much it is? I 've been reading alot of complaints on other web sites
Old Jan 4th, 2004, 12:44 PM

i have been to the condesa about 9 times- each february and i am going back again next month. i read on trip advisor that the poo was being filled on 12/31. i would not take an all-inclusive meal plan. food is cheap enough in cancun to not box yourself in. breakfast tend to be expensive in hotel- see of you can get a continental breakfast added to your room rate. lunch at pool, is comparative to the other hotels- you can also order pizzas to the hotel for a change. any questions- email
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 07:33 AM
njf

The service was about as good as the food - very mediocre, and nobody seemed to care.
Yes, we were pressured to see a timeshare, which they call a vacation club. THe concierge swore up and down that what we were going to see at the Fiesta Americana Cancun was not a timeshare, but in fact that entire hotel is slowly being converted to timeshares.
Old Jan 5th, 2004, 02:32 PM

Thanks I'll see you in February.
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 01:04 PM

I can't get an answer down there,is there an all iclusive package or not?and how much?