Galapagos Islands

Jun 8th, 2003, 10:38 AM
Original Poster

Galapagos Islands

I am planning to go to the Islands in September.. I live in California and am considering 3 tour companies:
Carvan Tours, General Tours and Gate 1 tours.

Would like feed back from those of you who have used these tour companies. I am worried that a tour company can cancel at the last minute and I am stuck with airline tickets that will need to be changed at a high fee.

I have read the responses from the other letters and have gotten some great information....need to know if I can snorkel if I am not a strong swimmer.
Jun 9th, 2003, 11:10 AM

Hi:

I am familiar with General Tours and Gate 1. You shouldn't have a problem with either. Are you booking air through them or on your own? If you book through them (directly or through a travel agent) they should be responsible for any changes in the itinerary that affect your air tickets. Otherwise, I suggest you look into purchasing travel insurance that may cover such events.

Also, I'm not a strong swimmer either and did not have a problem snorkeling. We did a lot of hikes and some snorkeling over the 4 days I spent there, and I had a blast. You might want to consider taking a vest to help you float while snorkeling, that will make it more comfortable.

Hope this helps you! Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions...

Regards,

Enrique

Search this Thread