Reload this Page >

Gala Resort or Iberostar Tucan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 04:30 AM
Georgine

We have a choice of a moderately priced,week-long all inclusive stay to either of these resorts in Playa del Carmen. (We've done other All Inclusives in Akumal and Puerto Aventuras previously.)<BR><BR>Having trouble finding "first-hand " information on the Gala Resort. (Previously the Royal Maeva.) Would appreciate info from anyone who has stayed there, or who can give comparison info on both.<BR><BR>Thanks!!<BR><BR>Particularly interested in food and evening entertainment opiniions.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 07:52 AM
SHERI

Stayed there 2 yrs in a row & love it. Would not hesitate to go back. Not as large or crowded as many other places, near a small shopping mall & a quick cab ride to Playa del Carmen. Service very good, room very nice & food good. Would advise on speciality rest. for evening meal. Buffets get old real quick! The rest. by the pool is also very good. If you dont want a lot of activity ( which makes getting all the amminities a lot easier & quicker to get) I say go for the Gala- have fun.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 01:46 PM
Caren

I agree with Sheri, we started out at a resort and found it not so clean and ended up at the Gala Resort, it was wonderful, clean, beautiful beach, two swim pools one for kids (yeah) one for adults. We had the all inclusive and this is the only way to do. In fact we're going again in May taking our daughter, brother and his family! We highly recommend it. Close (walking distance) to shopping, restaurants and ferry. Nightly entertainment (shows) put on by the resort personnel, activities for all and for those who just want to relax and lay around plenty of that too. Very hospital. Go for it!

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 10:03 PM
Megan

Georgine, <BR>I am interested in who you went through to get your prices for these hotels (travel agent or a good website with deals). I am currently looking at these hotels too for May 2002. I have heard great reviews from this website (actually in the "Caribbean section") about Iberostar Tucan too. Feel free to email me at my email address.

Old Jan 12th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Joyce

I have stayed at both. I personally prefer the Iberostar, because of the Awesome Pool, the jungle, moneys, spa.<BR>I really enjoyed the Disco at the Gala and the beach was slightly better at the Gala.<BR>I acutally sell both properties. here is a link for pictures of both.<BR>http://www.principaltravel.com/mexico/resorts/mayan/resort.asp?id=150<BR>http://www.principaltravel.com/mexic...ort.asp?id=149