from santiago 4-6 days trip:icebergs,lakes or desert

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Dor
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from santiago 4-6 days trip:icebergs,lakes or desert

Message: We are planing to get to Santiago Chile on November(the end of the month) and have only 4 to 6 days to travel out of Santiago.
We are considering the 3 options: the very South-Icebergs , South-the lakes or North-the desert. We love to see beautiful views but can do only short hicks.
Appreciate any help/recommendations.
Dor

Old Oct 25th, 2003, 02:45 AM

Well, first of all let me tell you that Chile is the most boring and unfriendly country in South America and Santiago certainly isn't the best place to stay too many pollution and nothing to do, just 5 o 6 spots that you get to know in one day. But you can visit Torres del Paine which is a nice place. Chile is extremely expensive to travel so my recommendation is that if you go to Chile, better visit Argentina which by plane is only 1 hour and a half from Chile, besides it is more interesting, cheaper and friendly. I recommend you to visit Buenos Aires off course, Tierra del fuego and Bariloche Don't waste your money in Chile.
Old Oct 25th, 2003, 01:29 PM

i am a chilean, although santiago could be a bit boring for more than 1 night, the south and north of chile are very pretty. if you have only 5 days i suggest you go to the south, to the lake district. it is very nice and only 2 hours from santuagi by plane and 10 hours by bus, yo can also go to pucon, a very nice town beside lake villarica, that is 8 hours by bus. the north and dessert are also nice, but are 20 hours by bus or more. fore more information email me and i will be glad to help you
[email protected]
Old Oct 25th, 2003, 10:01 PM

I spent 10 weeks in Chile a few years ago. It is NOT BORING and the people are FRIENDLY. With your time limitations, I, too, would vote for the beautiful lake district after you enjoy the city of Santiago. I flew there from Santiago; the short flight on Lan Chile included a wonderful lunch with wine.
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Dor
Original Poster

Thanks everybody for your help.
I will take your advice and go to the lakes distrist.
We will be in Chile after visiting Argentina and already have been, few years ago, in Pucon-it is beutiful.