Search

Dolphin Discovery Swims

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 10:01 AM
Connie

Dolphin Discovery Swims

Has anyone participated in the dolphin swim out of Puerto Aventuras? Would love to hear from you if you have. I will be visiting Mid April and would like to hear about it. Thanks!

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 08:23 AM
lisa

Did not participate in the dolphin swim, but was in Puerto Aventuras with a large group (140+) for a wedding last December and thought the dolphin pens were very small and the whole thing looked pretty depressing to me and to the majority of the people we were there with. The dolphins are separated from each other by underwater fencing and you can see them pressing up against the fencing and trying to make contact and communicate with each other. It just seemed sad and unnatural. There isn't much room for the dolphins to swim around in the little pens. <BR> <BR>FYI, the snorkeling off the beach at Puerto Aventuras was great though.

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 12:01 PM
Leila

Message: Captive dolphins swims are very cruel to the dolphins. Dolphins were not meant to be held in captivity, its basically dolphin slavery. The hunt for dolphins is very violent, removing (if not killing) them from their pods (or extended family). Captive dolphins die unnaturally young from stress related diseases, they have high infertility and miscarriage rates. They are kept hungryr in order to perform for the tourists. There is worldwide movement to try to abolish this extremely inhumane treatment of mammals. Please educate yourself and then make the heart felt decision against it. <BR> <BR>If you TRULY LOVE dolphins, please read the following links: <BR> <BR>A website by a former dolphin trainer (of the famous Flipper), who turned anti captive dolphin activist: http://www.dolphinproject.org/ <BR> <BR>as well as a site from The Humane Society: <BR>http://www.hsus.org/programs/wildlif...m_dolphin.html <BR> <BR> If you want to swim w/ dolphins please do it in the wild! Thank you for your consideration.

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 08:00 PM
Marlena

I too would like to hear if anyone has experienced a dolphin swim in the Riviera Maya area.<BR><BR>Marlena

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 08:42 AM
Can't you read?

I can't believe that anyone would want to participate in a Dolphin Swim Program once they are educated about how it really is. I wonder if Marlena read the post above hers and did ANY reading on the subject.