Search

Five nights Buenos Aires

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Five nights Buenos Aires

YEA! thank you Avrooster for informing me of this forum and Dr. D as well for all your invaluable info.
okay, some of our plans have changed. We want to spend five nights and six days in Argentina. We want to spend a few days browsing and shopping (fleamarkets) in BA but now, i think, we'd like to spend two days going elsewhere. either day trips or something! but not beaches. Whats in Carmelo, uruguay? and is that an overnight trip?
hmmm! lots of questions...sorry!
say
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 01:51 AM

ttt for "the Sage from Athens", santiagov and other experts to answer, these questions not being in my field.

The ladies have been waiting since last night for a reply!
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 02:15 AM

Oops, forgot santiagov does not post on this forum, so, if you want his opinion, post the same question on tripadvisor.com
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 09:50 AM

If you're planning on a trip to Uruguay maybe Colonia, Montevideo and Punta del Este are more recommended.

Colonia is a beautiful town that has colonial style buildings, houses and streets.

Montevideo is Uruguay's capital city and thus museums, monuments and cultural life will proliferate.

Punta del Este is a beautiful beach town usually crowded with argentines during the summer season. Still very pretty and boasting nice beaches.

Good luck with your holidays.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 02:06 PM

Carmelo is a sophisticated city with many beach resorts, packed with classy tourists, hotels, restaurants, etc.

There's a Four Seasons there that is gorgeous to stay at. It's an ideal place to stay and rest during a holiday, perfect for an overnight in the middle if a long trip.

Please do visit Carmelo. I was personally marvelled by this city, cannot even be compared with Montevideo, maybe a tiny bit to Punta del Este, but not even.

Colonia is wonderful too, but for a day trip, there is not much to do there really.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 05:00 PM

I'm new to this site, so please excuse any repeat info. For flea market shopping in BA, San Telmo on a Sunday is a must. I'm not familiar with Carmelo, but enjoyed Montevideo for a day or 2 very much. Punta del Este is also good. Busquebus trip was better than flying, just as quick.
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 08:21 PM

We were in BA for 6 nights in August. Originally we had planned to go on day trips or to spend a day or so elsewhere. Once in BA, however, we enjoyed it so much that we decided to stay there for the whole time. Just something to think about -- you might leave a final decision on daytrips/overnights until you get there.