Finca Rosa blanca v. Grano de Oro

Old Mar 29th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finca Rosa blanca v. Grano de Oro

This August we will be overnighting in the San Jose area prior to our connection to Punta Islita. We were planning to stay in Finca Rosa which has received very good reviews in the Forum and elsewhere. Our difficulty arises from a logistical problem. During the night of our stay we must pick up our daughter (at approx. 10:00PM)in the "center of San Jose", where she will be having dinner with some friends before rejoining us.
My questions: Is Grano de Oro (which also has received excellent reviews) a better choice than Finca because of our need to do a roundtrip to center city at night (we would use car & driver or taxi)? Is Finca close enough to San Jose that it does not really matter that we need to travel into the City?
I thank all responders in advance.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 05:31 PM

If you have to deal with picking up your daugher in San Jose, Grano de Oro is a better choice. It is a very nice hotel in the city. Finca Rosa Blanca is out in the country a ways, but it is not to be missed, and you definitely should include a gourmet dinner with good people to talk to in their restaurant. Maybe you could stay there at the end of your trip?
Enjoy Costa Rica. It is a beautiful destination.

Marcia
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Marcia
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 12:18 PM

Glad to hear the good review of Finca Rosa. We're staying 2 nights there in a couple of weeks.
Old Apr 3rd, 2006, 02:39 PM

We stayed at Finca Rosa Blanca overnight before flying to the Osa early the next morning. Yes, it is beautiful, but we found that we didn't have enough time to fully enjoy it and might have been better served staying somewhere closer to the airport and not as pricey. I agree though, that it is a remarkable destination. We just felt that we didn't have the time to appreciate it.
Sounds like your situation might be similar.
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 03:35 AM

Yes, it is such a short stay there. It's at the beginning leg of our trip, didn't know how much there would be to do there so I only booked two nights. Headed to Arenal after that then on to Manuel Antonio. We leave next week and we are all so excited!
Old Apr 5th, 2006, 10:52 PM

miztravel,
Picking up your daughter city central at 10:00 p.m.--definitely do it in a taxi. I don't know how familiar you are with San Jose, but it is a not an easy town to get around in and you don't want to get into the wrong area at night. We are used to driving in San Jose and know our way around fairly well, but at night, we always take a taxi. Just a precaution. Have a great trip!

58smom--buen viaje!