Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Fiesta Coral Beach OR Moon Palace? HELP! (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/fiesta-coral-beach-or-moon-palace-help-231020/)

Marilyn Jun 14th, 2002 08:24 AM

Fiesta Coral Beach OR Moon Palace? HELP!

My Family and I will be traveling for seven days to Cancun in August. Has anyone stayed in either of these hotels, that can help with my decision?<BR> :)

K Jun 14th, 2002 09:10 AM

We spent Christmas 2001 @ Moon Palace Resort. It was our first all-inclusive experience. It was worth the money and it was great! Tours, food, drinks, accomodations, service, relaxation, fun, all met or exceeded expectations. None of us became ill. Few rude people and these happened to be other American tourists. Moon Palace was safe and secure for our children. While great in general, it was perfect for family. By staying at Moon Palace, since one has automatic access to all seven or eight of the local Palaces, we experienced different sections of beach as well as the higher-paced life along the Hotel strip (Moon Palace, while easily accessible to and from strip, is thankfully also isolated and more private). I highly recommend it.

Alice Jun 14th, 2002 09:18 AM

The Moon Palace resort is a very busy, all inclusive resort. Included for your stay are, all the food and drink you would like, 2 tours of your choice (with a 7 night stay), activities at the resort (sailboats, bicycles, tennis, etc), and transportation between the other Palace resorts. Moon Palace is a nice base to explore the Yucatan. It is south of Cancun Island, so has easier access to the highway. We enjoyed using the sailboats, the enormous pool, and the included food and drink (no worries about keeping track of cash here... they''ve already got it!) If you plan to spend most of your time exploring ruins, then relaxing by the pool, and don''t mind paying the all-inclusive fee, consider this resort. The downside of the all-inclusive fee, other than the expense, is that once you''ve paid for everything, you may not want to spend extra to dine out elsewhere. However, they have many restaurants at the resort, we didn''t even try them all.

J Jun 14th, 2002 09:22 AM

The best location in Cancun, powder sugar beach, electric blue water, fabulous swimming pools that stretch over three football fields and an incredible view from every room.<BR>Spotless and impeccable are the hotel and grounds. Marble everywhere. Excellent service.<BR>This place is grand.<BR>The downside, $12 drinks, $9 bottled water and $50 lunch for two. <BR>If you can afford it, this is the place if you go to Cancun. Is it worth the price? Every penny.<BR><BR>

J Jun 14th, 2002 09:23 AM

My previous thread is is reference to Fiesta Americana.

mari Jun 14th, 2002 10:52 AM

The beach at Fiesta Americana is a lot better than the beach at Moon Palace.

Jean Valjean Jun 14th, 2002 11:53 AM

Those two hotels are not even in the same category! Moon Palace is an average all inclusive, while Coral Beach is among the best hotels in Latin America and the Caribbean.

Karen Jun 15th, 2002 05:39 AM

The Moon Palace is definatly the place to go, great resort, great food, many choices of restaurants, great service, great pools, ect.. We go every year and would never stay anywhere else, they actually remember you from year to year, it is like our home away from home!<BR><BR>We love it.<BR><BR>www.palaceresortsmexico.com

Keri Jun 21st, 2002 08:10 PM

Loved the Moon Palace. We were pampered and loved the experience so much, we are heading back in November. This time we are going to try out Aventura Spa Palace but were torn because of the wonderful time we had at the Moon. You will love it. They are wonderful there. Food is good too.

Anony Jun 21st, 2002 08:40 PM

I would say neither I would choose www.lunata.com a quiet little hotel now there is also some great selections<BR>in www.playaguide.com.<BR><BR>It can get quite tiring being locked up with 1000 or more quests in these big tourist factories so take a chance and try something different.

Kris Jun 23rd, 2002 07:01 AM

We were staying at a different Palace resort and went to Moon Palace for a day last October. It was absolutely fantastic. The beach had seaweed washed up on it, but the pools were so awesome who needs the saltwater in your eyes. The food was fantastic and the staff spoils you rotten.