Fianlly Cancun...

Old Apr 22nd, 2018, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fianlly Cancun...

My Sister and I leave for Cancun May 2 nd and it just can't come fast enough. And if one more person tells me "your nuts to go to Mexico" I'm going to throw some Tequila right in their eyes!

I have been to Mexico so many times and I've lost count. I have roamed alone through the streets day and night. I go to some of the poorest parts of Cancun to the Children's home. I have been on countless Missionary trips all through Mexico and I have been blessed and highly favored as not once did I feel unsafe or been accosted ever.

So I'm packing my bags and getting ready to leave my beautiful Triplet Grandbabies and Alyce for 7 nights. I don't know who's more upset, the kids or my DD.

I will do a trip report when I get there.
Old Apr 23rd, 2018, 04:35 AM

ENJOY!.
I also would not hesitate to go.
Old Apr 23rd, 2018, 05:58 PM

Id also go but exercise a bit more caution and just take taxis instead of walking.
Old Apr 23rd, 2018, 08:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
<I'm going to throw some Tequila right in their eyes!>
THIS, from a missionary? How very Christian of you.
<I have roamed alone through the streets day and night. I go to some of the poorest parts of Cancun to the Children's home.>
​​​​Maybe read Matt. 4:7 which says: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"
<I have been blessed and highly favored>
Very Pharisaic of you if you ask me, since by all accounts, the family that recently died in Tulum of gas poisoning were God-fearing as well.
<not once did I feel unsafe or been accosted ever.>
Of course, 'feeling safe' and 'being safe' are 2 different things. As a missionary, you're probably familiar with Ecclesiates 9:11: 'Wise people don't necessarily have food. Intelligent people don't necessarily have riches, and skilled people don't necessarily receive special treatment. But time and unpredictable events overtake all of them.'
Old Apr 25th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Original Poster

Do not judge me because I sin differently than you. Thanks for the verses.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 12:28 PM

Maybe your private driver from the Ritz keeps you feeling safe, isn't that where you usually stay when not mixing with the riff-raff? Or else some other 5* hotel?

I"m not sure what the point of this post is, if you are trying to say Mexico doesn't have a huge violent crime problem, you are mistaken. If you are bragging that you are insulated from it, I'm sure you are.
Old May 18th, 2018, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Christine..I don't use a private driver from the Ritz. Local Company per the last 15 years. I'm not hiding out in a 5* hotel. I really appreciate your sweet comments. Thank you.