Reload this Page >

Ferry from PV to CaboSanLucas??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 1998, 01:21 PM
Jan

Does anyone know about a ferry from PV to Cabo San Lucas? Distance? Cost for two people? How long does it take to cross? <BR>Is it safe?

Old Dec 2nd, 1998, 10:55 AM
P.

Jan, There are no ferrys here in Puerto Vallarta, at all. I believe there MIGHT be one between Cabo and Matzatlan but runs irregularly. But positively, none here in Vallarta! sorry!. <BR>

Old Dec 2nd, 1998, 10:40 PM
BobbyB

The ferry runs from Mazatlan to La Paz and not Cabo San Lucas unless they have started a new service. There is regular service to/from Mazatlan - La Paz as well as Los Mochis ( acutally Topolo.. ). They have a web site. Don't know the URL but you can find it via one of the search engines.

Old Dec 12th, 1998, 08:32 AM
Elliott Moore

The official ferry web site is: <BR>http://www.ferrysematur.com.mx <BR>and another site with lots of useful <BR>info on the ferries is: <BR>http://www.trybaja.com/ferry.html <BR> <BR>As one who has taken all the ferries, <BR>I must regretfully add that there is no <BR>longer a ferry between Cabo and PV. <BR>There was one some years ago; when one <BR>of the ferryboats burned at sea, a total <BR>loss, the operator juggled the schedule <BR>for the remaining boats - deleting the <BR>run between Cabo and PV. <BR> <BR>But I do recommend taking one of the <BR>present ferries if it fits your schedule. As stated by a previous post, <BR>these include: Pichilingue (near La Paz) <BR>to Mazatlan, Pichilingue to Topo Bay, <BR>and Santa Rosalia to Guaymas. For the <BR>trips that are entirely during the day <BR>time, a simple cheapest deck passage is <BR>more than enough - that is where you <BR>will want to be anyway. Overnight, the <BR>cabins on the Mazatlan run are the better ones available. If you plan to <BR>take a vehicle across, book it as much <BR>in advance as you can. These ferries <BR>have quite limited vehicle space, and <BR>often run full at holiday time (Xmas, <BR>Easter especially). You will see a <BR>wide variety of departure times for <BR>these ferries; the one to believe is <BR>the ticket seller at the window, they <BR>have never been wrong for me yet - ASK! <BR> <BR>Have a great time! <BR>Elliott Moore <BR>