Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Family Vacation in August (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/family-vacation-in-august-442633/)

chgotravel Jun 15th, 2004 07:33 AM

Family Vacation in August

Were trying to plan a Fun and Exciting vacation. We travel with a 4yr old boy and 1 15 month old baby - we want best of both worlds but can't seem to find the perfect spot. My wife and I love to be pampered with service, food and accomidations but we also know that our kids are important and require special needs too! SO where?! ALL Inclusive -that would be nice but not a big deal.
Can anyone recommend a hotel that can offer luxury and kid oriented pools? Awesome food and not to congested with tourism? (might be impossible)- we've been to Playa del Carmen and loved in - Puerto Vallarta is nice but I really didn?t see to many activities there for kids. Cozumel - well that's for a younger crowd.
Please Help! Thanks!

1Mandy1 Jun 15th, 2004 01:46 PM

Crown Paradise Club in Cancun would meet all your criteria. They have a great kids pool with waterslides, etc. For the summer they are offering kids 12 and under stay and eat free. In the resort they have a kids club for 4 yrs and up and a baby club for 18 mos through 3 yrs. You can use the kids clubs to have a couple of hours to relax and have some 'adult' time.

1Mandy1 Jun 15th, 2004 01:49 PM

P.S. I forgot to mention they hotel is situated on a beautiful section of the beach.

TioGringo Jun 15th, 2004 03:02 PM

Some of the classier travel mags have recommended the Club Med Ixtapa as being EXTREMELY family friendly with a very strong kids program and even "parents nights out" evening babysitting service so you and your honey can have a romantic dinner on the town without having to worry about little folks.

I've never stayed there myself, just recall having seen lots of recommendations for it...

Have fun!
Mark
www.tiogringo.com

chgotravel Jun 16th, 2004 04:15 AM

Thanks So Much for the replies guys!!

sclubb Jun 16th, 2004 04:24 AM

Another thought - while they aren't in Mexico - but is the Beaches Resorts. They are really incredible for adults & kids - and they are all-inclusive. I have been to a few - the one is Turks & Caicos is my favorite with Beaches Negril a close 2nd. The islands are very different, so make sure you focus on one for you. Turks & Caicos has the most beautiful beaches & water I have seen throughout my travels. It is a very laid back place with little going on in the evenings, which usually leaves you to get some sleep or play games, etc. I have not been with kids, but I know kids LOVE it there - there are kids "camps" & babysitting. This one in particular has several pools - some designated kids and/or baby pools. And a SEGA game center built into a huge pirate ship for kids. Even as adults without kids, we felt pampered (several a la carte restaurants to choose from & all the watersports you can imagine included - even diving). If you're looking for something a little less pricey, the all-inclusive resorts in Dominican Republic have a lot to choose from.

chgotravel Jun 16th, 2004 05:48 AM

sclubb - - thx so much! How was the food? Do you recommend a certain suite? I may look into this furthur since we love clear water beaches!

thx again!

sclubb Jun 16th, 2004 05:51 AM

chgotravel - i will send you a further description to your hotmail address if that's ok....but yes, food was good for the most part!

chgotravel Jun 16th, 2004 05:59 AM

:)