Family Trip to Playa del Carmen,Mexico March 2017

Old Mar 26th, 2017, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family Trip to Playa del Carmen,Mexico March 2017

My husband took my 2 older children and me away to celebrate a big birthday of mine!!

March 16th
We flew business class on AA from JFK to Cancun. The seats were sleepers which were quite comfortable. There were iPad holders on the backs of each seat but no iPad????We were also not able to use the Admiral Club as AA does not consider Mexico international, for some reason? When we arrived in Cancun we had arranged a pick up to take us to the Belmond Maroma. The ride was about 35 minutes. The hotel is romantic and beautiful in the Jungle. The kids had a Garden View room which was perfect. We had an ocean view room with a really nice terrace with chairs and hammock. They had decorated the beds with colored rice in the shapes of balloons for my birthday!! The view was obstructed however with the top of the tiki roof of the breakfast area. They had told us they would upgrade us the next day to a Jr. Suite after the checkout. That night the hotel got us a taxi to Playa del Carmen town to eat at Improvise. It was a great local restaurant and the waiters were so proud of their food and very friendly. I would highly recommend this restaurant. The driver waited for us to finish dinner and took us back to the Belmond. We ended up using the taxi driver the entire trip. He was always on time, friendly and would taken us anywhere at any time. I would highly recommend him. When there you can reach him: Carlos Aranda 984-168-6206 [email protected].

March 17th
First we had breakfast which was fabulous at the hotel. Every morning on the table served, besides the full menu, was granola and yogurt and toast and fruit. There was always a lovely Mayan lady making homemade tortillas filled with various fillings. It was great. My husband arranged a Jungle and Float tour with Mayan Stories with Pastor Caamal. He also had his friend do our tour with him Hugo- Your Green Guide. We really benefitted as we got stories and information from both guides and each had their own areas of expertise. It was a great day. They picked us up at the hotel. We went to Muyil and walked around an archeological site, walked through a Forest/jungle. Had a local lunch at a local nearby restaurant, then a boat ride, got off and went into the water and floated down the river . At the end they were waiting for us with towels and shoes and we walked along the boardwalk back to the van to take us back to the hotel. On the way back we stopped at the "best" ice cream place in Playa del Carmen- Panna e Cioccolato. It was delicious.When we got back we were anticipating the change of room but there was a bit of an a issue but they ended up moving us up 3 levels higher to an amazing room (57) right off the beach and right off the pool. We had a large terrace with couches, table and chairs and hammock. It was a great room. Next time I would request that exact room. We ate at the hotel that night as they were having a BBQ on the beach. We sat at a table on the beach and had a very lovely meal.
March 18th
After breakfast we went on the hotel's 9:30 bike tour around the property. It was very informative and fun riding around the jungle. We sat by the pool/beach for the remainder of the day. We all had massages at 2:40 that day as well. Carlos picked us up later to take us into town and we ate at the Kaxapa Factory, an authentic Venezuelan restaurant. It was a family owned simple restaurant with very good food. We walked around 5th Avenue after dinner. A walking street of bars, touristy places, souvenir shops and clothing stores. We then got driven back to the hotel.

March 19th
After breakfast we got picked up to go fishing on a private boat. We caught some fish including a large grouper, which I think it fed the crew that night!! It was a little windy that day so the boat rocked quite a bit. We went back to the hotel in the afternoon and hung by the pool for the day. I wasn't feeling well so everyone went for dinner at Axiote Playa, reasonably priced and good Mexican food in Playa del Carmen and I stayed back and rested.

March 20th
We had breakfast and then my son and I sat by the pool the remainder of the day. My husband and daughter went snorkeling with the hotel group and had a lot of fun and saw great fish. Carlos came to transport us to our next stop, the Rosewood Myokoba. AMAZING PROPERTY!!! After we arrived and checked in the boat drove us to the beach area for us to have lunch and wait for our villas to be ready for us at 3:00. They were a little delayed but then they picked us up by golf cart to our villas . First we dropped the kids off at theirs and then we all went to ours. They are magnificent villas, with dipping pools, outdoor showers and beautiful views on the canal in the jungle. Really special place. Our butlers were amazing and always on top of where we were, what we needed and where we were going!! We ate at the hotel that night in the sushi restaurant, Agave Azul Restaurant. The food was very good but the service was not great!!

March 21st
We had breakfast which was really amazing. We had a huge buffet to pick from or from the menu as well. We sat by the main adult pool for the day. We rode bicycles along the Nature Trail and had lunch in the little Pueblo town at the end of the Nature Trail and there is a small cave around there as well that you should see. It's pretty cool. We had massages and facials that day at 4:00. They were quite good and in the most beautiful setting.When we got back to the villa, our butler, Janet, had decorated the room with balloons all over for my birthday. It was so sweet of her. We then got picked up by Carlos for my birthday dinner. We went to Ooh LALA. It was really great. A very small place owned by a couple and the food was delicious. We also had delicious desserts.

March 22nd
We had breakfast and sat by the Spa Pool for the day until we had to get picked up to go back to JFK. Carlos picked us up and dropped us off for our 5:25 flight back. On this flight we did not get TV's but we did not have sleeper seats either and the food was disgusting. I am going be complaining to AA for the services we were provided. I did not think they provided what they should for the cost of the seats. We had an amazing family trip. Just what the doctor ordered!!!
Old Mar 28th, 2017, 06:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice!