Family trip to Belize June 26-July 3, 2023

Old Dec 4th, 2022, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family trip to Belize June 26-July 3, 2023

My father is turning 80 and taking my sister and me and our families to Belize in late June/early July for a week (6 or 7 nights). We will be two seniors (my mom and dad, 80 and 77 respectively) and me and my sister with our spouses and two kids each (5, 9, 10, 12 years old). So there will be a total of 10 of us. The kids and adults are very active and sporty. My parents are less mobile than they were and don't do great with lots of stairs. We all will be flying out of NYC airports. We all love beautiful sandy clean beaches and ideally staying in a hotel with direct access as opposed to taking day trips. My parents are lucky enough to have the resources to stay in nice places so we have a flexible budget. Everyone is into food and a range of high quality options would be ideal.

I wanted to get any opinions on:
1. Should we check out two different locations given the time we have?
2. If had to pick 1 or 2 locations which would you suggest? Also taking into account logistics given flying in from NYC.
3. Any hotel recommendations?
4. Side question...given our group and time of year, and NYC starting point, any other warm weather/beach destinations you'd recommend??

Thanks in advance for any advice! As you can tell, I'm still very early in figuring this out!
Old Dec 5th, 2022, 10:42 AM

We've stayed at Victoria House and Chaa Creek and enjoyed those. A lot of the beaches have sea grass in the water. Victoria House is one; we did snorkeling trips from there so not sure if it would be your cup of tea. The beach itself is beautiful. Chaa Creek is a jungle lodge. I think it's nice to do a split.
Old Dec 5th, 2022, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by volcanogirl
We've stayed at Victoria House and Chaa Creek and enjoyed those. A lot of the beaches have sea grass in the water. Victoria House is one; we did snorkeling trips from there so not sure if it would be your cup of tea. The beach itself is beautiful. Chaa Creek is a jungle lodge. I think it's nice to do a split.
Thanks so much for your suggestions.
Old Dec 6th, 2022, 04:04 AM

My family and I stayed at Chaa Creek and Naia in Placencia. They have a jungle/beach package we took advantage of. Naia is a really beautiful resort, with a wonderful beach. We rented a three-bedroom villa, with a private pool. Several of the jungle lodges have similar packages, where they will transport you to their sister resorts on the beach.