Search

Family of 5 in Cancun?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family of 5 in Cancun?

Are there any resorts that will accomodate a family of 5? I have 3 children, 13,9,9 and would like to find a really nice resort without having to book two rooms for a vacation in Feb 06.
Thanks for any info!!
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 06:18 PM

The Royal Resorts are a timeshare that will rent villas to non-members as a service for members who for (whatever) reason cannot use their fixed week timeshare. The weeks run Saturday to Saturday. The villas are approximately 1400 square feet, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, living room, dining room and fully equipped American kitchen. There are large balconies from which you view the Caribbean Sea. The facilities are 5 star, absolutely beautiful with fabulous pools, beautiful white sand beaches, a variety of restaurants and activities for all ages, and service that makes you feel like you are indeed royal. Check out reviews on tripadvisor.com and info on the royalresorts.com website. We also are a family of 5 and the villas give everyone personal space and the kitchen is a big moneysaver for small meals, breakfasts, and snacks. Small grocery store on site. I will admit that I am strongly opinionated in favor of the Royals as we are timeshare members there, but read the reviews and info and judge for yourself. I believe the hotels in Cancun's hotel zone have a room capacity of 4 which would require 2 rooms for you.
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 09:32 PM

Cancun beaches and waters are beautiful, just keep in mind that topless public beaches are allowed and does happen. I'm not sure about the "dress code" around the pool areas, but just a heads up about nudity. Have fun!
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 01:00 PM

I am not sure what Jillymo is talking about. After many trips to Cancun, I have never seen any topless bathing on the beach nor at a pool. I know that it does happen in Riviera Maya -- I've seen it there near Playa. But Riviera Maya is at least a half hour south of Cancun by car. Not Cancun.
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 02:08 PM

I'm with Dee. Haven't seen it in Cancun, only in Playa.
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 02:58 PM

Have been to Akumal in February. Only a short ride from the Cancun airport. Had an absolutely wonderful time! Great bay for snorkeling lot's of "safe" sea life. Great people, great food and magnificent beach. I only suggest it for the younger kids. They will enjoy the water without you having to watch over them at all times!
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 05:04 PM

I could only wish that topless women were the "biggest problem" any of us had to worry about. JMHO! From 12 trips, a keen eye, 20-20 vision and reflective sunglasses are required if you interested in seeing what every catalogue delivers to your mailbox daily.
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 06:44 PM

The Cancun Hilton may have large villas or adjoining villas. Our family of 4 loved it last March. You need to check with them--I believe that they do.
Old Sep 27th, 2005, 08:02 PM

We were there in December and April, Dreams first time Cancun Riu second, and believe me a stroll on the beach has plenty of toplessness - perhaps only 10%.... but I do recognize breast when I see them, as a matter of fact after a few cocktails while laying out I joined the two topless women next to me.... when in Rome (or Mexico!) ... The beach waiters came around periodically to take our drink orders and wasn't surprised or disrespetful, it just how it is .... ask your travel agent, I'm sure they will confirm. I only mention it because the first time we went we took our 2 sons, and it was a little awkward ... the second time w/ just my husband & me was no problem!
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 06:23 AM

Jillymo:

I too know a boob when I see one and it is increasingly in the mirror! If I didn't like the waves so much I would go back to Dreams as well. Things are much more sedate at the Omni. Cheers!
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Original Poster

ok thanks for the boob info. It was pretty funny, but I do take that advice, since one of my twins (9yr old) would love to see that, but alas NOT YET!
Anyway, I have looked at a few places, really need advice to book this now. My choices are down to this..
Best price so far and can fit 5 in a room with AI is Sun Palace.
Also looking at Omni Villas at alot more, and longing to find a decent rate for Iberostar Maya or Lindo.
Its looking like Sun Palace is going to be our best bet, since with two 9 year olds and a 13 year old, the AI would be optimal, but we would probably eat out some too. Just the thought of not having to run all day to get them food, then having them eat two bites...you who have kids know what I mean.
Anyway any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Sun Palace, Omni Villas, or Iberostar. Lastly, I like the idea of Palace resorts having the tours included, eating at all resorts they own, etc, but worried about some of the reviews Ive seen.
Thanks again!