Family of 10 in Cancun

Old Nov 25th, 2020, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family of 10 in Cancun

We are 2 grandparents, 4 adult children and 4 teenagers hoping that the world will open up and we can take a trip to Cancun in December, 2021. Any suggestions for all-inclusive hotels that have large family suites or could accommodate us in adjoining rooms?
Old Nov 26th, 2020, 06:46 AM

Not in Cancun, but between Cancun and Playa del Carmen, the Iberostar Paraiso resort has "family suites" which are two rooms with a connecting door.
Have you considered renting a condo? It might be easier to find accommodations for a group that large.
You will get a lot more information on the Trip Advisor site.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForu...Peninsula.html
Old Nov 26th, 2020, 08:41 AM

There are some All-Inclusives south of Playa del Carmen, but you might be a bit late for this December.

Try Expedia or one of the other search engines, then contact the resort directly. Expedia also searches for condos etc but since you said AI, that probably isn't what you want.

You should be able to hire a van to transport you from Cancun to the south.
Old Nov 26th, 2020, 01:31 PM

That's a lot of people and with that many how many bathrooms should be almost as important as how many bedrooms.
I'd rent multiple condos as well, that many people all under one roof could get tiring at times as you might want some privacy once in awhile no matter how much you love your family. You can always hire a cook part time, condos have more space and a fridge to store leftovers and snacks and a microwave to heat leftovers or fresh pastries.
Also check how the resort, if you go that route, classifies the teens. Many, for booking purposes, count age 13 or 14 as adults even though they cannot legally drink (in Mexico) until age 18.
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 08:34 AM

Your request is impossible, it's too many people. Given there are so many adults, why do you need to be in the same room or even adjoining rooms? THere isn't any reason for this, you are supposed to be out and about and doing things, anyway. Later in the evening if you want to turn in, believe me, nobody wants to be near somebody partying with 10 people in their room. Teenagers are no different from adults in hotel room capacity terms..

All the hotels I know even with family suites, have a max of 6 adults in them, even when it includes two connecting suites, like the Iberostar, for example. I like the Fiesta Americana hotel company and their AI in Cancun only allows a max of 6 people even in their biggest suite which is two connecting bedrooms.

Really, there is no reason all those adults have to be in connecting rooms.
Old Dec 1st, 2020, 05:06 AM

You would have to get TWO sets of two adjoining rooms for that many people.
I still think looking at a condo or a house to rent would be a good idea.
Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 11:29 AM

You still have a whole year to plan (Dec 2021). I would use Trip Advisor, both the Cancun destination forum and the hotel/resort reviews section.

suerte!