family hotel in Arenal

Old Apr 16th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

family hotel in Arenal

I need suggestions for a good hotel for a family of 5 in Arenal the week before Xmas.
-I have been trying to get rooms at Arenio
Paraiso for the past 2 weeks, but have been very frustrated by their reservation system.
-could not make on-line reservations
-they wanted me to fax a credit card reservation form, but their fax line never worked
-now they tell me they have no rooms
-I am not happy with them!!!

I had thought about Tabacon, I am not sure it is available, it sounds a bit too commercialized. Any other suggestions.

Pedneuro11
Jacksonville, FL
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 11:14 AM

We stayed at the Montana De Fuego over Easter and were quite happy there. We didn't stay in an individual cabin but a small lodge with 4 upper and lower units. We stayed in an upper unit and had a great view of the volcano. Our room had two double beds and a single. I think the best way to make reservations is by telephone. We made our reservations over the internet and I ended up calling anyways just to confirm as they did not respond to my internet queries. The Arenal Paraiso is next door to Montana de Fuego and looks similar. I would phone them as well.
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 11:33 AM

We had a great experience at Arenal Paraiso. Sometimes faxes and e-mails are slow or not working down there, I think. Could you give them a call? Also you might check at Lost Iguana--sounds lovely and has gotten good reviews lately.
Old Apr 18th, 2005, 04:27 AM

We scanned our credit card and sent it as an attachment. They were happy with that. It made me very nervious to be sending my credit card number by fax or email but nothing's happened so far. I keep checking for false charges. That is the way many of the places take reservations.
Old Apr 18th, 2005, 08:25 AM
lvk

We enjoyed the AP also, but it sounds like they are off to a bad start with you.

Montana del Fuego is right next door and is a very similar property (I think owned by members of the same family as AP).

Also recommended quite often for families is Los Lagos. It has a butterfly garden, crocodile farm and water slides. (www.hotelloslagos.com/)