Search

exotic and luxurious honeymoon in South America

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exotic and luxurious honeymoon in South America

Hi,
I am planning for my honeymoon which should be at the end next May. I want something interesting and unusual. I want to start with an Island or something tropical, luxurious, relaxing and then maybe go for something adventurous (not too adventurous, then maybe something wild and maybe end my honeymoon with in some cosmopolitan city for some shopping. We are both young so you can imagine that we need the romance but at the same not something boring. We want to go somewhere where we can find have a nice and interesting nightlife, good restaurants but at some point we want to have, at some point, our privacy.. Pls note that we are looking for the luxury and for spoiling ourselves and for the variety.
Hope to hear from you soon and thanks in advance for your help
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 02:39 AM

Explora Lodge in Patagonia sounds like it might fill the bill. Buenos Aires is a wonderful cosmopolitan city to end your trip with some great shopping.
Best wishes.
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 04:23 PM

Look at the Nannai resort, in Porto de Galinhas, Brazil. The website might be nannai.com.br. It is very beautiful, private and luxe. You fly to Recife and its not far from there. Also in Brazil, look at some of the boutique hotels in Bahia state, including those near Trancoso. Google that area with the word deluxe and you'll find some outstanding small places. May will be low season in most of these areas. And remember, with the seasons reversed, the further "north" in Brazil or Argentina you are, the warmer it will generally be at that time of year.

As for cities, Rio and BA are both great, and although distances are large in South America, you can get good air connections from all these places. The new Fasano hotel in Rio might be great for you and there are some excellent deluxe hotels in BA, where there is lots of shopping, terrific food and great prices.
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 05:29 PM

cmcfong, I think they'll freeze their butts off at Explora in Torres del Paine in May. But it is a fabulous place.

Explora also has a hotel in Easter Island. The couple that managed the Torres del Paine hotel are now running the Easter Island location. They did a wonderful job.

You could even do Tahiti, Easter Island (Lan, a wonderful airline, direct service between the two) and Santiago or Buenos Aires.

Explora also has a location in the Atacama Desert. I haven't been but there was a couple at Torres del Paine that had just come from the Atacama location and loved it.
Old Oct 8th, 2007, 03:44 PM

Have you considered Central America?

This island resort off Panama looks amazing (never been myself): Isla Secas, http://www.islassecas.com/

You could then hop over to Costa Rica or Panama mainland for some jungle stay/adventures. Maybe Panama City for shopping? (not sure how cosmo it is though).

My friends went on their honeymoon to Francis Ford Coppola's resorts in Belize. They stayed at Blancaneaux in the jungle, and then Turtle Inn at the beach. Here's the website:
http://www.blancaneaux.com/

Another option (and totally on the other side of the world). We went on a safari to Tanzania, and had a layover in Amsterdam. It was amazing! We met some honeymooners on the plane who added a beach visit to Zanzibar.

good luck, and have fun.
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 06:43 AM

wael:

Congratulations and very best wishes.

In 2009 my bride of 50 years and I will be going to the Galapagos for a week's cruise and then hopefully on to Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca and from there into Argentina where we hope to spend some time at the ocean beach then to Buenos Aires.

I think that you will find much of what you seek with this itinerary.

Alternatly you could consider the Cook Islands and on to New Zealand. A long way off from your original request but very enjoyable.

No doubt your post will bring a lot of good ideas for current and future considerations.

Again, best wishes for your next 50 years.

Woodie
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 03:03 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your help and suggestions.
I will defintely take you ideas into consideration.
I was thinking of starting off at a resort in Brazil, then move to Salvador de bahia, manous, amazon, then go back to rio for few days and fly to Iguasso falls and then move Punta del Este in Uruguay and then finally move to Buenes aires. What do you think?? Do you think it would be tiring?? what should I ammend?
By the woodie, congratulations on your 50 years anniversary and hopefully another 50 years to come!!!