Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   emailed Costa Verde...need advice!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/emailed-costa-verde-need-advice-452399/)

kassandmike Jun 23rd, 2004 06:22 AM

emailed Costa Verde...need advice!!

I emailed my reservation request to Costa Verde and I received an email back stating that they only have Studio Plus rooms available at Costa Verde II but they have Studio rooms available at CV I. What should I choose? I'm still stuck on this not having AC thing at CVII. What are the rooms like at CVI..are the studios nice? Has anyone stayed there?
Thanks,
Kass

tully Jun 23rd, 2004 10:13 AM

When are you going? I went the 1st week of June & stayed in a studio plus in CVI and rarely ran the AC. I think the regular studio rooms have more of a jungle view not ocean. I would go with the studio plus personally, just for the views.

halloranc Jun 23rd, 2004 12:21 PM

I think there are other hotels in M.A. that are more friendly and offer better rooms for the price of CV. Although it's very popular, I'm not a huge fan of that hotel.

Casey

trevorjoyce Jun 23rd, 2004 05:31 PM

Casey, Just curious, what hotels do you like in that price range??Joyce

tully Jun 23rd, 2004 06:05 PM

Yes, I'm curious too. For my studio plus room I paid $100.58 per night (incl tax) and honestly for what I got I would've paid more for. And everyone, from the reception staff to the servers at the restaurants, couldn't have been more friendlier.

CarolM Jun 24th, 2004 05:05 AM

Hi Kass,

I stayed at Costa Verde a couple of years ago and thought it was great. Back then, they didn't refer to CV I and CV II -- they called CV II the "Adult Bldg" (no kids allowed). I believe this is what they have done (someone correct me if I'm wrong; I just looked at their website trying to figure this out).

Anyway, we stayed in what they've called CV I, and I highly recommend that. We had what you wanted -- a studio plus with A/C. I remember thinking, while there, how GLAD I was to have the air conditioning! After hiking all day, or being outside in the heat all day, it was crucial for me to be able to relax inside with the air conditioning at night... and not start sweating again right after coming out of the shower!

What I also thought was better was the close proximity to the restaurant, the office (where we arranged our many day tours), etc. The other building (II) was quite a walk from everything. Even though I can't speak to the size of the regular studio room, if I were you, I'd go with CV I regardless. Everyone's different about A/C. I just know I would have been miserable without it... and we went in December.

CarolM Jun 24th, 2004 05:18 AM

...after a closer look at their website, I wanted to amend what I said. It looks like the studio and studio-plus rooms are the same identical size, but the difference is the view (jungle and ocean, vs. panoramic ocean). I realize that we did NOT have panoramic ocean, which means we stayed in a studio in CV I (exactly what you're asking about). However, I could have sworn we asked for a studio plus, which is irritating me... even though it's years later! (We arranged through a travel agent, so I don't know what we paid...)

Anyway, I'd personally take the A/C over the extended view... weigh how much time you'll spend on your hotel balcony. There are many beautiful spots to enjoy the view and the scenery, IMO.

Have a great trip, whatever it is you decide to do!
Carol