Notices

El Salvador trip report

Feb 24th, 2006, 01:57 PM
KAN
Original Poster

El Salvador trip report

Just returned from a wonderful five day visit to El Salvador. The highlight of our trip was the beautiful mountain town of Perquin, in Morazan. This charming town is filled with history, enjoys a comfortable cool climate, and is surrounded by breathtaking scenery. Check out its website www.perquin.org. (the Perquin Lenca was fantastic!) Also, the black sand, surfing beach Playa El Tunco, La Libertad, was a welcome stopover near the airport. Dont miss Lago de Coatepeque, Santa Ana, a picturesque lake surrounded by volcano and mountains. Our rented 4 wheel drive suv made travel around the country comfortable. Happy to answer any questions you might have!
May 30th, 2006, 02:29 PM

Hi,
My husband and I are going to El Salvador next week. We plan on visiting San Salvador, Perquin, and Libertad. Do you know how far El Mozote is from Perquin? Also...is it easy/inexpensive to rent a car and is it safe for extranjeros to be driving in El Salvador. We are currently in Guatemala and everyone keeps telling me how dangerous El Salvador is (funny, 'cause before I left the US, everyone kept telling me how dangerous Guatemala is!) Any advice/travel tips you have would be great! Thanks! Thanks also for the website tip.

Search this Thread