Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

good map of mexico? where is Puerto Vallarta?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 1999, 04:57 PM
Webjefita

I am looking for a good map and can't find one! Where is Puerto Vallarta? <BR> <BR>Webjefita <BR>

Old Dec 8th, 1999, 05:51 AM
JoAnn

PV is on the Western coast of Mexico--SE of Cabo & the Baja Peninsula. Do a search for maps or try <BR>www.mapblast.com <BR>www.mapquest.com <BR>www.expedia.com & look for maps. All have helped me find some far out places in the world.

Old Dec 8th, 1999, 10:26 AM
maria garza

Hola amigo! <BR>So glad you got help in finding Puerto Vallarta. Do not lose track of it. I, however, resent your friends comment on "far out places in the world" Por favor! <BR>I used to say "where the love boat goes" <BR>Puerto Vallarta is located on the second largest bay in this hemisphere. <BR>Now that you have found it, I hope that you are planning to visit. It will be a pleasure to have you as our guest. <BR>Anyone else need more infor on Vallarta, please contact [email protected] Adios, maria g.

Old Dec 8th, 1999, 11:25 AM
JoAnn

Maria, sorry for the misunderstanding about PV. I meant it to mean that I've used these "map sites" to find some pretty remote and out of the way places--not meaning that PV was one of those, just that IF they could find remote areas, they could surely find PV. I did not mean to step on any toes. I've heard only great things about PV from some friends who go there yearly. We just haven't gotten to PV yet, just to Cabo a couple of times for fishing, and once to Cancun.

Old Dec 13th, 1999, 03:01 PM
Cheryl Z.

<BR>The best way to describe PV's location (for me anyway) is that it's South of Mazatlan and North of Acapulco, and is in a much better location than those two as far as weather is concerned. As mentioned above it is in the second largest bay, and it's at the base of the Sierra Madre Mountains, both of which help protect it from hurricanes and really bad weather that affect both Mazatlan and Acapulco more. You'll enjoy PV very much I believe.

Old Dec 16th, 1999, 06:25 PM
Dennis

<BR>To pin it down even closer than that its south of Mazatlan and north of Manzanillo. I have made 10 trips to Puerto Vallarta since 1995, this is after visiting Cabo, Cancun, Mazatlan, Acapulco etc. Its one of the nicest towns on the coast and has a lot to offer. Nite life is great, people friendly and the beer is cold. Hasta Luego - Dennis