Search

El Pueblito Beach Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 09:31 PM
Beverley

El Pueblito Beach Hotel

Hi, my boyfriend and I will stay in El Pueblito in Dec 17-24,2000. Can anyone comment on this hotel? any suggestions to do in Cancun for two (we are both 23, but I do not know how to swim..which is a big problem i know..hee..)Feel free to email me any of ur suggestions. no junk mails pls.thanks alot!=>

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 02:40 PM
Vanessa

I stayed at this hotel several years ago and was extremely disappointed. I wasn't impressed with the beach area (small), the housekeeping staff (our rooms generally weren't made up until late afternoon), the restaurant or the front desk staff (constantly had to correct their currency exchange staff's math). <BR> <BR>As I said, it's been a few years since I've been so hopefully they've cleaned up their act.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 05:08 PM

We're going to PV in December. Looking for good restaurants. Also any nude beaches in the area? I know Mexico is tough on this but thought I'd ask.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 05:40 PM
Susan

Beverley, there's lot to do in that area even if you don't swim. Do a quick scroll through this forum to get some ideas - there's ruins to see - Tulum is small, south of Playa del Carmen, and then there's Chichen Itza, a very large site west of Cancun. Many people take tours to both of those sites, but you can also do the trips on your own. (Chichen Itza would be best if you went for 2 days.) You could also make a day trip to Playa del Carmen, south of Cancun. Many people (me included) like Playa much better than Cancun. It's a smaller place, good shopping, nice beach, nice restaurants, etc. There's also Xcaret, which is kind of like a park with various attractions, also south of Cancun. We actually enjoyed Xcaret a lot - I was surprised by it. There's a butterfly pavilion, snorkeling, a wonderful show in the evening, etc. You could also do a day trip to Isla Mujeres, just off the coast of Cancun. Again, good shopping, nice restaurants. The beach there is also very calm and you could go into the water, even if you don't swim. <BR> <BR>I'm sure you'll find plenty to do for a week there. Sorry, I don't know the hotel at all. Enjoy yourself!

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 03:49 PM
Beverley

(Susan, Thanks for your suggestions. I really appreciated.=&gt; ) <BR>I've read alot about the hotel info from many sites and reviews, i heard it's ok after they renovated the place.Well.that's the most reasonable price i could find in the hotelzone.i was reading about the shopping scene in Cancun, i really want to buy souvenirs like hammock, shawls..do anyone know where shall i go for? is it really expensive in the hotelzone?or shall i try to go other places like downtown, or isla.m ? thanks. <BR>

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 09:50 PM
tommy

Hey Beverley, <BR> <BR>For your shopping needs such as hammocks and shawls I would definatly go to Isla Mujeres. You will save $$ if you shop the Mercados or street vendors on Isla. If you don't want to take the trip to Isla then checkout Market 23 or 28 in downtown Cancun. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps <BR> <BR>Tommy <BR>www.geocities.com/travel_with_tommy

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 04:44 AM
Susan

Beverley, unfortunately I don't remember the names of the stores, but there was one that I loved on Isla Mujeres and a couple in Playa del Carmen. We went to Isla 2 years ago, so hopefully it's still open. It was attached to a cafe and might have had the word 'nopal' in the name. We bought a wonderful shirt there - old, from Guatemala, embroidered all over the top. We have it hanging in our living room. They also had other wonderful items. Earlier this year in Playa del Carmen, we found 2 interesting shops. One sells textiles (rugs, embroidery, weavings, etc.). The other sold beaded masks, 'string' paintings, etc. made by a group of Indians (I know I'll butcher the spelling of their name). Neither shop was cheap, but the items sold were great. There's also some very good shopping over in Cozumel. <BR> <BR>Definitely suggest that you go to Isla and Playa. Isla is only a short ferry ride from Cancun. Don't take a tour - you can make the trip yourself very cheaply. Same with Playa del Carmen. Go to the bus station in town and take the bus - it's less than an hour and buses go very frequently. Both make nice day trips. Cozumel is also do-able. You'd have to go to Playa del Carmen and then take the ferry from there - that might be more than you want to do in a day.

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 09:44 AM
KH

It was not the fanciest hotel on the strip, but our room was clean and everyone was friendly. The pool area was nice, but don't go down the slide, it's cement and it hurts! The ocean is warm and the price was right!

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 05:26 PM
Beverley

I would like to say thank you to all of you who give me informations in here.WEll, i'll be leav'n FINALLY to Cancun on this sunday 17- 24 ..WEll. wish me luck, if you guys can suggest me any shopping or clubs to go (in case i miss any..)please feel free to tell me ! I love to hear from everyone of you, See ya all when i'back.=&gt; <BR>Tommy: I really enjoyed search'n your site.it really helps!!(especially the bus info.)Thanks. <BR>