Notices

Driving time between Peace Lodge and Arenal

Old Nov 15th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driving time between Peace Lodge and Arenal

Hi everyone,

Any estimates on how long it will take to make the drive from the Peace Lodge to Arenal? We'll be staying at the Arenal Lodge.

Also, I've been trying to get email confirmation from the Peace Lodge regarding our room reservation. We booked through a travel agent and have voucher paperwork for that night, but I'd also like to have my own confirmation directly from the Peace Lodge (just to know for certain that we're all set). I've sent 2 emails requesting this info and have not heard back. I've read on this forum that prompt email response is not always a Costa Rican trait, but I would have thought that a fancier place like the Peace Lodge would be more inclined to stay on top of that sort of thing. Perhaps not...

Arenal Lodge and Hotel California both answered my emails within 48 hours, but its been about a week and a half since I first emailed the Peace Lodge. Should I exercise patience for a bit longer, or start harrassing them by phone (I'd prefer to have the confirmation in writing)?

Thanks!
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 06:11 PM

Good luck. Peace Lodge is one of the very few hotels in Costa Rica that has been notoriously slow to respond to my inquiries. I usually have to nudge them with another e-mail. Most others get back within a day or two. Information system service is getting better and better down there, so that isn't as much of a problem as it used to be.
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Original Poster

Hi Shillmac,

Thanks for the heads up about the Peace Lodge's email responsiveness (or lack thereof!). I sent my second email inquiry this past weekend. I guess I'll give them a few more days and then reach for the phone. We leave on December 4th for our trip, and now is the time to start tying up all those little details!

Any idea how long the drive will take from the Peace Lodge to Arenal?

Many thanks!
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 10:43 PM

I'd guess about 2.5 hours. We haven't done that exact drive, but have always made it in 2.5 or 3 hours from the airport. Dec. 4 will be here before you know it. I'm jealous!
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the time estimate, Shillmac.

I am really excited to go! I'm pretty much counting the hours at this point.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 07:52 PM

You're very welcome. Enjoy! And don't forget to post when you return!