Driving from Panama City to Boquete

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're in the early planning stages of our eight-day trip, and we were wondering what the 7-hour drive from Panama City to Boquete is like -- are there places on that route to stop off and explore? a midway point that could be day's destination? We're trying to avoid flying because we don't love little planes and also because we'd like to have a car in Boquete. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Sep 13th, 2006, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The drive is not that bad having done it numerous times... Compared to my first time 9 years ago the road for the first half is in much better condition - 4-lane highway almost all the way to Santiago - you could stop off here, there is supposed to be a very nice small hotel but I haven't been to it yet. You could also do a side trip into the Azuero Peninsula to Las Tablas or further afield to Pedasi.

After Santiago, the road is windy and you need to be carefull of trucks and buses coming the other way, not many places to overtake.

The new planes with Aeroperlas and Air Panama are 45 seaters, so not that small, and you can rent cars in David at the airport.

Cheers,
Andrew