Search

driver and how to find?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
driver and how to find?

With our one full free day in San Jose, we are considering hiring a driver to take us exploring, mainly to Paos Volcano and La Paz Waterfall gardens. Because or our limited time, we thought this would be better than joining a tour. Is this a good idea or should we just rent a car? How do I go about finding a good, knowledgeable guide/driver. There are 4 in our party.
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 10:13 AM

tiffpolm,

you can do a search here for the names of many drivers. You will find Wilson Rojas www.coatitours.com is loved by many. If he is available, you will have a great day going with him
[email protected]
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 11:30 AM

We've used Wilson twice now and would recommend him for sure! But as 55crlover said, if you do a search, you can get other names. And I believe your hotels can give you some names or provide drivers as well.
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

Thank you. I've emailed Wilson and keeping my fingers crossed that he is available. We just want to make the most and see as much as possible on our free day. Still considering rafting the Pacuare but not sure. How much can you actually see and take in while gripping a raft through 5o+ rapids??
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:13 AM

If it doesn't work out with Wilson, you can also book drivers through your hotels. We've done that quite a bit.
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:12 AM

If Wilson is not available, try contacting Luis at www.tucanlimoservices.com . He has nothing but the best reviews on TA.
Old Apr 23rd, 2012, 11:30 AM

Shop around, there are several good drivers here to choose from. Danny and Wilson have excellent reviews.

Odyssey Tours (Diego and Alvaro) - [email protected]
Oscar Chavarria - [email protected]
Willy - [email protected]
Wilson - [email protected]
Carlos Bogarin - [email protected]
Danny Jimenez - [email protected]
Leo Rodriguez - [email protected]
Juan Carlos and Rubier - [email protected]
Cheers
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Original Poster

So Wilson is already booked that day. I will try some of these others. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 05:10 AM

We've used these people and loved them; they waited hours for us at the airport when our flight was delayed. They also had pillows, blankets, and cold bottled water for us since we arrived late at night. Love them for their thoughtfulness and reliability.

http://destinos-encantados.com/
Old May 24th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Original Poster

Just back yesterday from CR. we ended up using Danny Jimenez as our driver and guide for a full day tour to Poas, La Paz Waterfalls and Doka Coffee. We liked him so much we booked another full day with him to explore the Arenal/La Fortuna area. I can't say enough good things about him and we spent quite a lot of time in the car together. New, clean van; cautious safe driver; likable and easy to be around; excellent English; informative about CR sites, culture and history. I am going to write a separate review for him but I highly recommend Danito to anyone looking for a driver in Costa Rica! Here is a link to his site.

http://www.costaricadriver.com/index.php