Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Dominical/Uvita- Restaurant $$/$$$ recommendations- Xmas (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/dominical-uvita-restaurant-recommendations-xmas-868444/)

mtrichards Dec 2nd, 2010 06:03 AM

Dominical/Uvita- Restaurant $$/$$$ recommendations- Xmas

We will be in Dominical- renting a home- for the holidays and want to have a "special" holiday dinner w our family-xmas eve or day. any recommendations welcome within 1 hr drive of Dominical. also looking for private chef in the area for 2-3 nites

mlgb Dec 2nd, 2010 07:16 AM

Not sure about the availability of that particular day, Exotica in Ojochal is by far the favorite restaurant in that area. Citrus also in Ojochal, similarly gets good reviews.

Reservations would be mandatory.

mlgb Dec 2nd, 2010 07:22 AM

Two recommendations I received from Shelter from the Storm for catering (no experience with either).

Sarah Loftus, trained at the cordon bleu, professional chef. 8838-3378 [email protected] Will come to you or make a private dinner at her restaurant for you, The Chef’s Table.
“Made from Scratch” by Diana. Comfort food, lasagna, pastries, and will fix what you want. Frozen food available at the Saturday feria. 8344-4297

hipvirgochick Dec 2nd, 2010 08:08 AM

Sarah would be a great choice and she's a super woman. I met her last year while staying at Shelter from the Storm and had dinner at her place, Villas de las Aves. The food was fantastic. I'm not sure if the actually restaurant is still open most nights, and it's bumpy road to get to, but if they would set up a holiday dinner for you it's a gorgeous setting.

costaricalover Dec 2nd, 2010 10:14 AM

I'm with Hip and mlbg, Sarah is an astounding cook. Have also tried Exotica in Ojochal-fabulous!

mtrichards Dec 2nd, 2010 02:26 PM

thanks a million- all good info- will check it out and appreciate the tel #s!

mtrichards Dec 5th, 2010 08:12 AM

made a reservation at Exotica for xmas Eve- prix fixe menu, sounds fabulous- will report back! $49usd for 7 course meal.

lindaincostarica Dec 18th, 2010 04:21 PM

I live in Ojochal....Exotica is the best..I don't think you will be disappointed...Lucie, the owner is fabulous and will make you feel special and very welcome....enjoy! look forward to reading your report

qwovadis Dec 19th, 2010 04:11 AM

www.cunadelangel.com best for me about 1 year ago

Oustanding gourmet food at great prices...

good ambience pretty grounds also lots of wildlife/spa

Happy Hunting,

costaricalover Dec 19th, 2010 08:22 AM

Hi Linda in Costa Rica-my husband and I and some friends will be renting a house in Ojochal for the first half of February...can't wait!!! Would love to have an email chat regarding life in Ojochal,interesting spots to hang out, etc. My email address is [email protected]. Would love to connect!!
Sandy from Port Hope, Ontario, Canada