Reload this Page >

dolphin encounter in Puerto Vallarta

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 1999, 08:09 AM
Lynn

Hi! <BR> We are traveling to Puerto Vallarta in April with our two kids, ages 10 and 11. Our daughters biggest dream is to swim with the dolphins. Looking for info on where, when and how in Puerto Vallarta-and any other suggestions one may have. Do we need a car? Staying at La Jolla de Mismaloya. By reading others comments-we can't wait!!Thanks!

Old Jan 18th, 1999, 04:02 PM
JR

I don't like the idea of dolphins in captivity. The one you want is run by SeaMiAmore. It does not guaranty that you will be able to get out and swim with them - it depends on several things like if they are feeding etc. this trip now includes whale watching and has a marine biologist and nature photographer on board. This trip only takes 12 people so a reservation and deposit are required. If you need more info. drop me a line, I live here in PV. Also see my site on PV at <BR>http://www.vallarta-info.com <BR>Hasta, <BR>JR <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 19th, 1999, 05:45 AM
Pamela

Hola Lynn....I am the with the company referred by JR. You can email me directly for further details. We do not believe in captivity for any marine life and our tour, which is now combined with whale watching, is lead by marine biologists who started the whale identification program here in Vallarta. Lots of mama's and baby's in the bay right now. Hoping to hear from you. Thanks, P.

Old Jan 21st, 1999, 06:55 PM
Jack Farrell

Hi Lynn, <BR>We just returned from a week in P.V. with 2 of our grandchildren. "Swim with the Dolphins" was the highlite of their holiday! It's expensive(130.U.S each) but they will remember this forever. The place is out in Nuevo and is very popular so make reservations as soon as you get there. Have fun!...Jack

Old Jan 22nd, 1999, 11:23 AM
Michelle

Hi Lynn, <BR> <BR>If you want a guarantee that you'll be swimming with the dolphins, you'll have to go to Neuvo Vallerta which is located 20 min, outside of the town. It costs 24 pesos for all 4 of you to take the bus. Very cheap. There is only 1 bus from the town going to Neuvo Vallerta and it stops in front of the dolphin santuary which is a 10 min. walk from the Mayan Palace resort which every bus driver knows. Don't know exact cost, but it is expensive. J