Diving in Cozumel - Reservations needed?

Nov 4th, 2002, 01:55 PM
Ric

Diving in Cozumel - Reservations needed?

I am going to be in Cozumel December 29th - January 5th and I plan on diving at least 3 days while there. I will be staying at the Fiesta Americana, which I understand has a dive shop on premises. Is it necessary to make reservations for a dive boat (whether through Fiesta's shop or otherwise) in advance of the trip, or can I just book dive trips while there? Do the trips fill up early during holiday periods? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nov 5th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Sasha

We have never been to Cozumel during holiday time - we usually go in late spring, late summer or early fall. We have always booked our dive trips in advance so I'm not sure how easy it is to schedule a dive trip after you arrive. You could visit some of the dive shops' websites and inquire. Most of them have email links. Have a safe trip.

Nov 6th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Debbie

Hi, you shouldn't have too much problem booking dive trips after you arrive. We stayed at the Iberostar and on the way to the resort from the ferry, we stopped at Dive with Martin where my husband booked his dive package right there and then. The dive shop on Iberostar was too expensive so on a recommendation picked this shop. The next morning they were picking him at the end of the pier in front of our resort for his first dive.

Search this Thread