Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Direct Bus or Car Service <<Not a Metered Taxi>> from Rio de Janeiro <<GIG>> to Sheraton Rio Resort

Direct Bus or Car Service <<Not a Metered Taxi>> from Rio de Janeiro <<GIG>> to Sheraton Rio Resort

Old Mar 19th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello.

I have Starwood Miles to use and am considering staying at the Sheraton Rio Resort in Rio de Janeiro. The only drawback is it's not centrally located. Does anyone know if it's possible to take a bus dircetly to this hotel from the airport &lt;&lt;GIG&gt;&gt;? If not, can anyone provide information about a car service, hopefully one that can be pre-paid at the airport, that would take me directly to this location?

Thanks very much in advance.

Ross
Old Mar 21st, 2008, 07:21 PM

There is an inexpensive bus that travels down copacabana to ipanema and a bit further, if your hotel is close to any of these you will have built in sightseing tour...do give yourself time if you are not in a hurry to get to your hotel.
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses so far. I appreciate it.

Any other suggestions.

Ross
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 03:27 PM

hi, there is a bus all the way from the airport to barra da tijuca which is after your hotel, it will take you around an hour and a half from the airport to the sheraton in good traffic as it stops everywhere!!!, including the local bus station and domestic airport. Leaves about every 30 min, but as you'll have your baggage do you really want to spend that long in a bus after a long flight? Re pre paid yes, you can get a taxi which you pay for on exiting customs, set prices depending on area going to, I guess for sheraton around US$50.
Stay at sheraton on your points, make sure when you go out you bring back water etc with you as there are no shops near hotel to get it. and hotel prices will be outrageous,
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 05:49 PM

The Hotel as I recall if far, I would call the hotel and check, no1 is they have a service to and from the airport.
Old May 16th, 2008, 04:45 PM

I don't believe there are buses from the airport to this hotel . try at the airport COOTRAMO is a blue and very safe taxi. pre-paid. you can buy your ticket, when you leave the baggage area there is a counter with all the pre-paids taxis. enjoy