Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page > difficulty finding resorts that allow 4 adults
Notices

difficulty finding resorts that allow 4 adults

Apr 19th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

difficulty finding resorts that allow 4 adults

I am trying to plan a trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico. I am traveling with my husband, adult daughter and elderly mother in law. We would like to try an all inclusive but not stuck on that. We like very nice resorts but are having difficulty find a resort that allows 4 adults to a room. I think a resort on the larger side would be better because it makes it better for us to get that real resort feel without being with only couples. Anyone have any recommendations for really nice resorts.
Apr 20th, 2013, 03:39 AM

We stayed at the Mayan Palace Resort north of Playa with our daughter and her husband in 2010. We shopped in town and prepared most of our own meals but they probably offer all inclusive if that's what you want. The apartment was gorgeous, though I found the whole resort thing a bit overwhelming; we usually stay in smaller boutique places or budget locals options and prefer that style of travel. Each couple had a bedroom with a king sized bed, bathroom, and balcony and there was a nice living room/kitchen/balcony in between that we shared.

If you click on the Riviera Maya 2010-11 set here you'll find lots of photos plus links to a trip blog and travelogue:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

Hope you find what you're looking for!
Apr 20th, 2013, 09:37 AM

If you are going to an all inclusive, it it sometimes not much more expensive to get two rooms rather than four adults in one room . That way you won't all be waiting to use the one bathroom!
Apr 20th, 2013, 11:12 AM

There are so many choices in Playa that it may be a better bet to look at a boutique hotel or condo. Many of the AI's in Playa do not have elevators which might be difficult for your family. If you really want the large resorts look at RIU Palace Riviera Maya in Playacar whic is a short walk or taxi ride into the town itself, Sandos is at the end of the hotel strip in Playacar and is also quite large. In Playa itself the only AI that would lend itself size wise to your request would be the Royal Playa del Carmen. With this one you are right in town, on the beach and adults only.

Search this Thread