Search

Costa Rica- July trip

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2016, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Costa Rica- July trip

I am looking to book a trip to Costa Rica in July for a week. I have never been to the country and was hoping to get some suggestions to narrow down where to go as there is so much to see and do. I would love to incorporate a few relaxing and quiet beach days with some jungle site seeing. Would love some ideas on mid-luxury hotels ($250-450/night). I know that Costa Rica is so spread out, so since we only have 1 week I don't want to spend all of our time driving (plan to rent a car), but I do want to see more than one area of the country. What is the main difference between deciding whether to visit the Pacific or Caribbean side? And in July what kind of weather will we expect? At the beach, since it is the rainy season, will we have any nice weather or should we expect it to rain most of the time there? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old May 14th, 2016, 06:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Although I have never been to this resort, it is on my wish list, Punta Islita. It is more remote, so not sure if it would be best if you want to change locations.

http://www.hotelpuntaislita.com

With a week, choose 2 locations. Maybe Arenal and a beach location, such as Manuel Antonio, on the Pacific side. Several higher end choices there. The Caribbean side is more remote and less developed. Puerto Viejo is the main tourist area. Lodging ranges from boutique hotels to simple cabinas.

Not sure of the weather in July.
Old Jun 25th, 2016, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We went to Manuel Antonio in July. The weather was fine. It rained a bit each day, but not so much as to stop us from going and doing things. The sun rises early and it often rains in the afternoon. You will probably have many hours of sun.