Search

Avoid Panama during the rainy season?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23rd, 2012, 06:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avoid Panama during the rainy season?

Hi all,

I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).

Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Panama like all the world seasons are changing, call it global warming or what, yes May would normally be into the raining season, but whether you are there in dry or raining season be prepared to sweat, bring the proper clothes, but don't miss the opportunity to visit Panama. Some Panama friends say rainy season is 12 months a year now? "---Buenaventura area", where is this? I have lots of informacion on Panama so if I can help with where to stay, eat Chauffeur services, etc. don't hesitate to ask. To me rain only adds to the romance of Panama, some of my fondest memories are with rain in Panama--one Sunday afternoon sitting at a pub/cafe on Amador causeway drinking a Panama beer watching the drizzle on the bay. "Panama Lou" Website: http://panamalou.com/
Blog: http://panamalou.blogspot.com/