Cruise to Manzanillo, Ixtapa, Acapulco

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2008, 07:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need some quick help! Just booked an 8 day cruise to the above cities for next week. Prices are sooo low. Going for that and the warmth, I hope, and just being able to relax. Any suggestions on what to do in Acapulco from noon to midnight, Zihautanejo/Ixtapa fro 9am-6pm, and then Manzanillo from 7-6pm? We like the beaches, learning about the towns. Plus I want to do a bit of shopping. I would like silver so if anyone has suggestions on that or whatever I "should" buy. I would really appreciate some guidance.
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 04:44 PM

We considered the Carnival Spirit as well but decided against it because you only have 2 and a half days on the beach.

The last time we were in Acapulco it rained the whole day and the beaches were polluted. We did hear that the cliff diving was pretty special but didn't get to see it.

In Zihuatanejo, there is good snorkeling at the mouth of the bay around a shipwreck. Water taxis will take you out and there is a good beach there.

Haven't been to Manzanillo yet but I've heard the beach is a "10".

There are many great cruise bargains right now. Have a great time.
Old Nov 27th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. Leaving in the morning looking forward to be lazy, sunshine and maybe a bit of Mexico. Happy Thanksgiving!!
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 11:28 AM

Supercilious:

taking the same trip in about a month and am wondering about your experience both on the Spirit and in ports. Particularly interested in any beaches or sightseeing information.

Thanks.
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 02:28 PM

Zia's snorkeling is only fair so if you are use to the Caribbean I'd pass. The beach the other poster is talking about is Las Gatas & is great place to spend the day. It is 35 peso round trip boat ride from the Pier.
Another great choice is to take The Bay side walkway to MJ & Richie's on Playa Madera. great food & drink at reasonable prices. An added bonus is the best Zihua masseuse Antonio sets up her white tent near by. professional trained unlike most beach masseuses she is my wife's ( a former salon owner) favorite.
Do Not bother with the tour to Ixtapa unless you like paying 40% or more for everything. Shop the local shops in Zihua for better bargins.
Manzanillo's Playa Brisas is differently a 10 as are several other beaches there. Lots of good cafés & shopping in that area. The Downtown only has a few tee-shirt/junk shops as it's prime industry is shipping not tourists. So lots of stores aimed at the locals but not the tourist so much. I'd head for the beaches.
Old Feb 22nd, 2009, 07:22 AM

Thank you Stewbear. Very helpful in making my decision