Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Crown Paradise/P.V. Info? (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/crown-paradise-p-v-info-229357/)

Don In KC Jun 8th, 2002 04:33 PM

Crown Paradise/P.V. Info?

I'm so glad to have found this site. I have been searching for info on this adults only resort in Puerto Vallarta. Has anyone been there recently who would share a review or possibly could direct me to info/reviews to this resort.<BR><BR>My wife and I are celebrating number 20 this year and want everything to be perfect. Looking for adults only concept, laid back atmosphere with the option for a little nite life.<BR><BR>Stayed on the Mayan Riviera last Dec and loved it. (Aventura Palace) Thought we might explore the pacific side. Topless sunbathers were prevalent in the Caribbean, Is it tolerated at the C.P.? (Can live with or without, prefer with...lol). <BR><BR>Thanks for the help...and GREAT forum. Don

sue Jun 8th, 2002 05:58 PM

have you checked out site, puertovallarta.net? if you click on hotel bullentin, just scroll down and you will read good responses about cp. this is my choice next time i go to pv and believe me i do research. You can't go wrong with this place, only drawback is not too close to the town.

Don In KC Jun 10th, 2002 02:04 PM

Thanks Sue for the reply. I think we we're gonna give this place a try. We stayed at the Aventura Palace in the Mayan Riviera last Dec and found it very nice. Was wondering how this place compares. Thanks again for the help. Don

steven Jun 11th, 2002 09:28 AM

Don, my wife and I just got back from<BR>3 days at the Crown Paradise PV. It has a beautiful pool and setting but we were<BR>somewhat dissapointed in the food. We<BR>went into town to eat every night since<BR>we like to eat. The beach is very pretty, but not great for swimming. The best swimming beaches are north of PV in the Punta Mita area (Catch a bus in front of the Sam's Club one block north of the resort. It will cost about 18 pesos for the trip (about $2). There were no topless bathers anywhere in PV.<BR>Feel free to e-mail me with any more questions.

sue Jun 11th, 2002 05:40 PM

steven,<BR>i was wondering if you could mention what you didn't like about the food? not much variety, or just the food quality? this is the first i heard anything negative about resort. also i did notice quite a few "topless" when I was in pv and frequented different beaches. <BR>

Don In KC Jun 12th, 2002 09:44 AM

Steven, tried to e-mail you but was able to connect. I would like to ask the same ??'s as Sue concerning the food. Would you attribute this as typical "A.I." food or just not very good period.<BR><BR>Sue, how far from town is the C.P.?? Thanks, Don

steven Jun 13th, 2002 12:37 PM

The food selection was rather dull and<BR>the food itself was mediocre. It's the<BR>first time we had stayed at an all-inclusive, so I can't really compare.<BR>They one had one type of beer available (Sol)--in my opinion one of the worst Mexican beers. <BR>The resort is near the marina--about 5 miles from downtown. You can catch a bus marked "centro" one block away for 4 pesos each (less than 50 cents). Some people were paying $20-$25 for a taxi ride...<BR>We visited Punta Mita and Mismaloya beaches and saw no topless bathers. <BR><BR>Be happy to answer any more questions.