Anybody up for Costa Rica?!!

Old Jun 8th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody up for Costa Rica?!!

Greetings Shillmac, Tully, Volcanogirl, and other Gurus...

Headed down day after tomorrow for 3 whole weeks!!! I'm sooo excited and again many, many thanks for the guidance, suggestions, tips, etc. on where to go and what to do.

First week will be Arenal (love that Lost Iguana) and Flamingo Beach Resort. Yep, I reckon ya'll ought to get some kickbacks or discounts for serving as terrific "PR" gals! 8-)

At any rate, I was just wondering if anybody was going to be hanging out at the Orchideas Inn between June 22-29??? If so, I'd love to meet up for a drink in the M.M. Bar.

Cheers!
Seaturtlelady
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 07:11 PM

Wish I could pop on down there, my boss may have some issues with that!

Have a fantastic time and have a drink for all of us - pace yourself!
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 04:17 AM
Original Poster

Heyyyyy Tully...

I will be in Alajuela and need to stay somewhere if I can't get into the Orchidaes Inn on June 22 - 29. Sent an email last week but haven't heard anything back yet from the Inn.

Would you happen to know of another place that I could contact?? Something in the neighborhood of $40.00 or less a night for one person???

Thanks!
Seaturtlelady
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 04:51 AM

You might check Villa Bonita; I've heard it recommended on the board. We stayed at Grano de Oro, but that ran us about $100 a night. Have an Imperial for me!
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 04:54 AM

Had the same problem when I was booking my daughters room. I ended up calling and they had not recieved the online reservation request. So you may want to follow up with a phone call.
011-506-2433-9346
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 07:20 AM

You know me--always recommending Hotel Villa Bonita.

I laughed when I read about the kickback part. Every time we go to Tricolor to rent a car, I tell them they should give it to us free as I am always plugging them. They just smile!

Wish I could join you as well. .. will have just finished daughter's wedding and could use a drink in the MM bar! Maybe one day we'll be able to transport our bodies through the universe at will. . .leaving the information age heading for the transportation age!
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Original Poster

Doggone it...I just never seem to be there when ya'll are down! The good news is after my 2 week solo trip back in December I went back during my Spring Break (1 week) and now 3 whole weeks starting tomorrow...woohooooo!

Okayyyyy...maybe after I retire next June we can "transport" ourselves at the same time! Of course with the price of oil a barrel that could throw a "monkey" wrench our way but let's hope not.

Thank you all for the suggestions...will call long-distance and check out Hotel Bonita too! 8-)

You know I still have't tried their beer yet!

Seaturtlelady
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 07:10 PM

Well, hey, you'd better get with it! Imperials are NOT to be ignored!