Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

CR rookie-any advice/comments for ma/arenal/peace lodge? With 2 infants? Please?

Search

CR rookie-any advice/comments for ma/arenal/peace lodge? With 2 infants? Please?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all. I am new to writing here. I was hoping to get some help/advice/input with my plan. My husband and I are taking our 2 infant daughters for a week in cr feb. We arrive sj monday. My plan was to spend one night in or by sj,2 in MA,2 in arenal and one at peace lodge. Can anyone advise me-- 1. Are any of the budget hotels in ma good? ?The banana hotel?$75 or less would be great.
2.Can you recommend a place in or approx 1hour from sj?
3. do you think it would be cheaper to rent a car for 7 days or to get driven to our three destinations and take bus/taxi in town? Any comments appreciated! Thanks so much for all the helpful inside info posted on the forums.
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 01:50 PM

Hi password,
I had a wonderful experience at the Mono Azul in MA, which might fit your budget. I believe the website is still www.monoazul.com. However, I stayed in one of the villas which are more expensive than the rooms, and I didn't see any of the rooms.
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 02:16 PM

When we were at Costa Verde with our 2 kids in November , a couple with 2 kids arrived on foot from there , basically grossed out . They had found it dirty ,(Banana Tree ), overall not very well kept . They were pleased with Costa Verde , as we were also . I have not been there so I can not say myself . I only know they banned Canadians for awhile because they thought we ate too much !!!!! LOL (seriously ) writing this as I scoff down my supper big eating canadian that I am !!! ( breakfast is included there )
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 02:22 PM

SORRY ! I believe I mis - read your O.P. I thought you were asking about the Banana Tree Hotel in Manuel Antonio , and as I said I actually was not there , just heard this info. from a guest at Costa Verde ,do not want to confuse anyone . faith
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the replies. Now I am thinking of the Verdemar which also has a kitchenette and is very close to ma park.
Old Jan 16th, 2005, 07:30 PM

verde mar is a nice little place . I am sure it has its fans , I think it is nice to stay up on the hill to get the incredible views , most of the hotels are there . But thats just me !