Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

CR pics - Selva Verde, Peace Lodge, Playa Nicuesa & Bosque del Cabo

Old May 22nd, 2007, 05:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally have all my pics together, will get to my trip report this coming weekend I swear! Since I don't take great pics, I tend to take a lot of them If you'd like to see the pics, please e-mail me at [email protected]

I have them in 4 different albums, broken up by location, so if you only want 1 or 2 of them, just let me know. Please put at least 'CR' in the subject line so I will catch it in my spam just in case.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 06:19 PM

Incredible pictures. Can't wait for the report.

Glad to see you hung around to take pictures of the peccary or were you just pointing the camera behind you as you were running ?
Old May 23rd, 2007, 06:53 PM
Original Poster

No, you can't tell but those were taken from a peccary-cage that I felt plenty safe in. Actually they wandered by just as we were winding up the tour, so quiet and uninterested in us. They were so bored by us, lol. I also saw one out on tour with Phillip....it made a little woofing noise and took off. I guess I will have to find something else to be petrified of!

Btw, I've rec'd many emails for the pics...if you've not rec'd a reply, please email me again, hopefully I haven't missed anyone.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 07:48 PM

Thanks so much for sharing your photos, Tully!

You have some really nice shots in there. I'm getting so excited to visit BdC in December! I loved your pictures of the spider monkeys in that tree (even though it is tough to get them hold still for the camera!). We got to see all 4 monkey species last year, but only saw the spiders from a bit of a distance (on the Cano Negro tour). I'm really hoping we get a closer look at them at BdC. No squirrel monkey sightings for you this time around?

Playa Nicuesa and Selva Verde both look like interesting places to check out (I've already had the pleasure of visiting the Peace Lodge). I know that some of these locations were new to you on this trip. Any favorites that you plan to re-visit at some point?

Old May 24th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

cmerrell you're welcome. Actually I came across a troop of squirrel monkeys twice but unfortunately they were high up in the trees and in off the driveway so couldn't get any good shots. I also got to see a pygmy squirrel but he took off up the tree all I got was a nice tree & leaves shot Ah well. It's funny as the last couple years it's seemed as more howler & capuchin troops were at BdC but this year it seemed like definitely more spider monkeys, they were everywhere! You are going to have such a great time in Dec it'll be here sooner than you think.