CR photographers what slr do you suggest

Feb 4th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

CR photographers what slr do you suggest

my husband is thinking of the canonEOSxti...any comments
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:30 AM

I've never been to CR but loved my boyfriend's Canon EOS XT for Europe.

Very clear, crisp images and rich vibrant color. I think he might want a zoom lens (expensive) for closeups for shots of animals -- the other option (which we're considering) is to edit and zoom in at home with software.

The Nikon D50 was selling at Costco a month ago with two lenses -- the standard plus a zoom lens -- package deal was $1200 which is really good for this model. I was going to buy my own Canon XT on amazon.com after Christmas -- they were amazingly cheap -- like $650 including shipping.

I read Canon changed the sensor (I don't know what that means) on the XTi model -- an on-line review said they didn't like this so I was sticking with the XT which seemed cheaper anyway.
Feb 4th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

I've been using a canon point n shoot digital and the pics have been great..he has used film up til now and wants a change..thanks
Feb 4th, 2007, 10:20 AM

Both of the cameras I've mentioned are Digital SLR's. The Nikon comes out to be more expensive because the body is generally sold separately from the lenses.

Many pros seem to think the Nikon D50 is superior to the Canon Rebel EOS series but I don't think most amateur photographers fully maximize all the options on these cameras.

On amazon.com, look at customer reviews of the Canon Rebel EOS and Nikon D series -- "regular" people have posted hundreds of photos that they've taken with these cameras. It gave me a very good idea of what quality I could expect.

good luck!

Search this Thread