Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Cozumel hotel info please!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/cozumel-hotel-info-please-231998/)

Crazyb Jun 17th, 2002 05:31 PM

Cozumel hotel info please!!

Going to Cozumel in MArch 03....can someone recommend a good hotel?? is the all-inclusive ones the way to go??...we love downtown Cozumel and Chankanaab(was there before on a cruise ship)...never stayed..help please!!...also any restaurant info would be appreciated!

Nancy Jun 18th, 2002 05:10 AM

Hi Crazyb,<BR>Definitely do not go AI. There are so many great restaurants on the island, you really miss out if tied to an AI. Plus, the very few times I stayed at an AI in the Caribbean, I found that it limited the time I spent away from the resort. <BR>My favorite is the Intercontinental Presidente, but I've heard good things about other hotels closer to town. You may want to do a search on Cozumel in the window above to get more info. <BR>Some favorite restaurants: Prima, El Moro, La Choza, Guido's, Sonora Grill, Plaza Leza.<BR>Have fun!

Professional Traveler Jun 18th, 2002 05:32 AM

Last time I was there (about 3 years) Plaza Las Glorias, very close to town, was good, although starting to show its age. The big benefit is it is only a couple of blocks from the downtown area and there are 2 good dive operators there (one in and one ver close).<BR><BR>And I second El Moro as a great, typical, local restaurant. It is hidden in the eastern side of town so take a taxi.

Robert Jun 18th, 2002 07:01 AM

Would also advise against all inclusive-too many good restaurants to enjoy!<BR>Not sure what price hotel you are looking for but I enjoy the Hotel Flamingo. Very close to the center, recently remodeled with good prices and very friendly staff.<BR>Enjoy!

Robert Jun 18th, 2002 07:23 AM

Forgot to add my favorite restaurants: In my opinion, the best in Cozumel is La Cocay--excellent menu but a bit expensive. (not near the center-take a taxi). Another excellent choice, in the center, just off the square is Azul Cobalto.<BR><BR>Robert <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><B R><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR> <BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

sara Jun 18th, 2002 02:14 PM

Just returned from our first trip to Cozumel and Playa. Loved it and want to go back to Coz but probably would not return to Playa del Carmen. We stayed at the Presidente Inter-Contental on Cozumel and would definately recommend it. I second La Cocay as a great restaurant choice and also highly recommend the Arriclife (sp?) at the Presidente hotel.

leslie Jun 19th, 2002 06:45 AM

I stayed at the Continental Presidente 4 years ago and loved it. I highly recommend this place.

TC Jun 19th, 2002 09:20 AM

We stay at the Coral Princess Resort - they have a web site. Great location - only 1 miles north of town and fabulous snorkeling right in front of the hotel. Great staff. We've been going every year for 10+ years.

richard Aug 5th, 2002 10:11 AM

i have been to cozumel three times, love it. the best place i stayed at was the el cozumeleno beach resort. great rooms (book a deluxe)great service, friendly staff, wonderful pool and a good beach. it is all inclusive and the food is good. it is close to town and close to the airport. make sure you rent a car for a day and go around the island, the east coast is just beatiful. can rent a car at the hotel fairly cheap. hotel will pack you a picnic basket to go if you let them know the day before. make sure your make a trip to playa del carmen in the afternoon and evening, you will really enjoy it. can't say enough good things about the hotel.