Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Cozumel hotel help (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/cozumel-hotel-help-277965/)

Kristen Dec 6th, 2002 08:10 AM

Cozumel hotel help

Hi. I am considering Cozumel for my weddingmoon next December. As I have just started on my research, I don't know much at all about the island, excpet it has great scuba diving! Could those who have been there please offer some suggetsions as to hotels and where to hold a wedding on the beach? As far as the hotel goes, I am looking for a nice one (maybe 5 stars) that sits on a beautiful stretch of beach with calm water. <BR><BR>Thanks in advance!

Owen O'Neill Dec 11th, 2002 06:04 AM

Since you don't seem to be getting feedback here, I'll point you towards a forum that was very useful to me in planning my upcoming trip to Coz (next month!). It's www.cozumelmycozumel.com and is very functional and free. It was started by a couple who wanted to promote visibility for their own rental villas but the forum section has lots of participation from a variety of people and good advice is available. Hopefully, &quot;TC&quot; may read this and also be able to offer you advice - she's a seasoned Coz traveler who reads this forum and she had lots of helpful advice for me (although weddings and 5 star hotels were not in my plans!).

Nancy Dec 11th, 2002 06:43 AM

Hi Kristen,<BR>I'd definitely suggest the Inter Continental Presidente for what you are wanting.<BR>It's the nicest hotel on Cozumel and has the most romantic ambience.<BR>The last time we were there in May (we've been 10 times :) a newlywed couple was having a private catered dinner by themselves on the beach with tiki torches, candles and live music. It was gorgeous.<BR>The island has many other things to do besides diving, but the hotel has some of the best snorkeling on Coz right from the wide sandy beach in front of the hotel.<BR>It's definitely the choice for what you are looking for.<BR>Check out:<BR>http://cozumel.interconti.com/

TC Dec 12th, 2002 09:13 AM

Hi Kristen. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Cozumel will be a beautiful location. One place you might want to start your research is www.cozumelweddingplanner.com Although I haven't personally used this service, it seems to be a one stop site for weddings on the island. I note that they can do weddings at Hotel Playa Azul, which has a beautiful beach and also at the restaurant La Veranda, which has a lovely garden setting or Hacienda San Miguel which is a small hotel looking very much like a private home. We see weddings almost every year on the beach at our condo, but the setting isn't the most romantic. There is a new hotel on the island called the Occidental Grand Hotel, which looks very romantic on their web site. I haven't seen it yet, but you might want to contact them for wedding arrangement details. I plan to take a look at it when we visit this February. Let me know if I can be of further help.

Diamonds Dec 12th, 2002 10:05 AM

Nancy you ALWAYS have such good information about Cozumel. We are planning a trip there in March or April and I've gotten so much helpful info from your posts. We've decided on where to stay. We can't afford the President now. Maybe next time! Can you give me some of your favorite beaches and things you like to do when you're there?

Nancy Dec 13th, 2002 04:51 AM

Hi Diamonds,<BR>Chankanaab is very nice for snorkeling and a beach day. There are a couple of good seafood rests. there.<BR>You can take a snorkel sail trip or go horseback riding or rent a jeep for the day and explore the other side of the island.<BR>You can take an ATV tour thru the jingle and on the beach.<BR>There are some very nice beaches up past the Allegro. <BR>Just look for the signs for Palancar, San Francisco, etc. They have little beach bars and rests.<BR>There is good shopping in town at Los Cinco Soles and Pama and a few nice places in the new mall - Punta Langosta.<BR>Have fun!