Cozumel Hotel

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 06:21 AM
Bill

Cozumel Hotel

We are planning a trip to Cozumel in July with our two kids(10 and 15) and the travel agent we are working with recommended the Reef Club. Has anyone stayed here before? We are divers also, and are looking at the Iberostar and Fiesta Americana. Thanks.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 07:29 AM
Brant

All 3 resorts are excellent but a bit out of town. It might cost $4 per taxi fare.

www.entertainment-plus.net
unlimited 2 x 1 meals in Cozumel

Old May 3rd, 2001, 01:02 PM
TC

Take a look at The Coral Princess resort web site www.cozumel-hotels.net/coral_princess/ I think you might find the condo-style accommodations comfortable for a family. They have an excellent on-sight dive operation - Pepe's Scuba. The snorkling in front of the property is some of the best on the island. You can snorkle (or shore dive) all day long without need of a boat. $2 taxi to town (only 1 mile away its an easy walk. We've stayed here several weeks each winter for over 10 years. Email if you have more questions or want more detailed info on what to see and do.

Old May 4th, 2001, 02:01 PM
Parrot Mom

Iberostar is definetely on the other side of the island closest to the Palancar Reef and furthest from the city..and the newest hotel I think and all-inclusive.. I must tell you that there are fabulous restaurants in Cozumel. I remember El Moro, the Lobster Shack, and somewhere in the middle of the island was Cosa Nostra where we got the most fabulous seafood lasagna..This is one place I would't do an all inclusive.. Don't remember the name of the hotel as I think the name has changed, but it was next to the Chankanaab Lagoon and a beach across the street with a dive center..

Old May 8th, 2001, 04:39 PM
lc

The Reef Club is great. We have stayed there 3 times, in fact we were among the first guests the day it opened. The resort is very nice, food is good, staff is very helpful and friendly. There is a dive shop there called Sand Dollar Diving. They have their own pier that you can walk over to from the hotel. There is good snorkeling off the beach. You need to wear water shoes walking into the water for swimming. Where there is perfect sand, there is really no snorkelling, so the pay off here is that you can snorkel off the beach. For better snorkeling, you can go out on boat trips. The Reef Club is very close to the reefs for diving, in fact some of the good diving reefs are directly off the Reef Club.
It is a fair drive out of town, the fare is about $10 but unless you are an avid shopper, there is little need to go there very often. The resort includes snorkel gear, kayaks, little sail boats as part of the all inclusive.
The staff are good at entertaining kids.
I would recommend it highly.

Old May 9th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Al

Iberostar was terrible. Thank goodness I didn't book the stay with an agent.

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 09:19 AM
chris

AL,You said that the Iberostar was terrible, what did you mean by that?
I heard it was really nice there, and we're going there in 12 days. Was in the food, the taxi fares? CHRIS

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Joyce

Chris,
I think Al is way off base. I have had numerous clients stay at Iberostar Cozumel who loved it. It is not as big or luxurious as the 2 Iberostars on the Mayan Riviera but the Food is good. Beach is rocky because it is so close to the reef. It is quite a way from town so taxi is $10-15 each way.
If you make arrangements with the concierge the day before and provide your own transportation, you can do a day trip to Iberostar Quetzal/Tucan in Playa Del Carmen.
Reef Club is also a property I have sold a lot and again, no complaints. It is a little closer to town. The food was not quite as good as Iberostar.
If you don't want Ai, Coral Princess while not luxurious is a good choice.

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 08:32 AM
christeen

we are planning to go to cozumel and stay at the iberostar, does anyone have anything to say about the hotel? This is the second time we're going to cozumel, and we stayed at the reef club last time which was all-inclusive also. And the two resterants at the hotel, I heard we could only eat free once a day, is that true? please let me know, thanks.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 04:39 PM
elizabeth

The Iberostar on Cozumel is great. My family and a group of friends stayed there last year. We had no complaints.
The food is very good...especially in the Steak House and Mexican restaurant.
I would recommend second floor accommodations for added privacy.
The staff is very accommodating.
The resort has lush grounds and is very romantic for evening walks.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 05:35 PM
Debbie

Hi - Iberostar in Cozumel and Mayan Riveria uses Dressel Divers to run their dive shops. My husband used the one at IB Tucan/Quetzel on the Mayan side and was very impressed with it (We're booked into the IB in Cozumel and we'll be there in the next two weeks, so if you want specifics on the resort, feel free to email me in about 3 week). Check out their website - think it's dresseldivers.com. You can email them to check out dive package prices. Plus IB Coz is down near or on San Francisco beach and a short boat ride to Palancar Reef.