Cozumel Country Club Report (Golf)

Jul 7th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Cozumel Country Club Report (Golf)

I just received this from Benny Campos the Cozumel Country Club Manager and thought I would share the information...

Due to the Tropical Depression which inundated the island of Cozumel on the weekend of June 12 and June 13, 2004, Cozumel Country Club has had to close several holes on the golf course due to damage from flooding. The undamaged holes will be available for play while repairs are done to the flood damaged holes. There will be eleven holes available for play in a routing that will allow the golfer to play 18 holes, repeating play on some holes twice. The conditions on these holes are normal. Some of the repairs to be done include replanting grass on four fairways and three greens, drainage repairs and complete renovation of the greenside bunkers on the entire golf course. The repair time is estimated to be complete by mid to late October of 2004.

Discounted rates will be available during the period that the repairs are performed on the golf course. Food and Beverage, driving range and Golf Shop operations will continue normally. Hours of operation as of July 12, 2004 will be 6:30 am to 7:00 pm.

Cozumel Country Club appreciates everyone?s understanding and support during the reconstruction process. We look forward to re-opening as soon as possible with an even better golf course than before.

So for all you hackers out there... Have a great time!!!
Jul 14th, 2004, 06:00 PM
TC

Hey...is that you Mike from the CP?
Jul 15th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Yea, it's me... I had a good friend turn me on to this message board last time she was here... Everyone down here is doing great... We are just fighting about who gets to go on vacations next these days, and then taking turns...

We'll talk to you soon TC...
Jul 15th, 2004, 05:42 PM

That's not surprising. I played there last year and they were draining hole #1 (and removing a 5 foot gator from the puddle) after having 3-5 inches of rain in a few days. Too bad; it's a decent course but I can see how this could happen given what they had to work with.
Jul 16th, 2004, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

I just spoke with some guest that played there 2 days ago, they really enjoyed themselves and said you can see a bit of damage but you also see them working everywhere... They have already booked to play again today, so it's probably still in pretty good shape...